Whatsapp notification issue updates

Gaby

Whatsapp notification issue updates

Post by Gaby » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:30 am

Dear Ticwatch Users,

Our team has received comments and feedbacks about notification issue and we appreciate all your responses. There are some analysis results and action plans we want to share regarding this topic.

1.Multiple messages issue(can only see the last message)
We have noticed this issue for both WhatsApp and other few messaging apps. Based on our research and understanding of their configurations for 3rd party OS platform, the space for improvement is very limited. However, we have discussed internally and decided to develop a new notification app, which can provide a better experience for messaging. Currently, this project is in our development pipeline and we will keep you guys posted on any progress. Thanks!

2. Unable to use WhatsApp app after recent update
Due to the recent update of WhatsApp app, some users have experienced difficulties to reply via WhatsApp. Some issues in this update have been identified to cause the compatibility problem with Ticwear OS. We have fixed this issue and now you should be able to use the WhatsApp reply on watch.Thanks!

Best,
Mobvoi Team

danielclcheung

Re: Whatsapp notification issue updates

Post by danielclcheung » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:12 am

Hi all, same as many users I would very much like to view consecutive whatspp notification under same chat. For unknown reason, my ticwatch was able to do that for one single time. I was able to view three whatsapp message from a same group chat. I did not take a screenshot and am not able to recreate the situation. I am not sure anyone else has the same experience or whether this info is helpful to the ticwear development. I just thought I shall share with you all. Cheers.

Gaby

Post by Gaby » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:51 am

hi, thanks very much for your feedback.May I know your watch firmware version, companion version, phone model and OS version?

y2grulez

Post by y2grulez » Tue May 30, 2017 7:45 am

+1 I am eagerly waiting for a fix as it is currently not helpful if I receive multiple messages in whatsapp

y2grulez

Post by y2grulez » Tue May 30, 2017 7:54 am

I just noticed that if I haven't dismissed my previous notification on the phone and a new one comes in for that same conversation, the previous message is visible as well as the new one(so it shows previous messages). Then if I swipe down to go back to watchface, and re-enter the notifications view by swiping up, I see message count on the notification and tapping it launches only the last message.

Phone OS: Android N
Phone Model: Pixel
Watch OS: 4.8.0_intl

Gaby

Post by Gaby » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:42 am

y2grulez wrote:I just noticed that if I haven't dismissed my previous notification on the phone and a new one comes in for that same conversation, the previous message is visible as well as the new one(so it shows previous messages). Then if I swipe down to go back to watchface, and re-enter the notifications view by swiping up, I see message count on the notification and tapping it launches only the last message.

Phone OS: Android N
Phone Model: Pixel
Watch OS: 4.8.0_intl

Thanks for your feedback. That's exactly what the issue is. The improvement on this issue is on our pipeline. We'll keep you posted for any progress.

raulvbrito

Post by raulvbrito » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:31 am

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying a Ticwatch 2 mainly because of its notifications. Do you guys know if the multiple messages issue has been solved?

Best Regards,
Raul Brito