Developer Dock User Manual

no avatar
jerryeight

Developer Dock User Manual

Post by jerryeight » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:17 am

Dear Developers,

In order to let you better understand how to use the developer dock, we’ve provided an user guidance for your reference.

Step 1: How to Start

Before you start, you have to turn on the “Developer Mode” on your Ticwatch

• Go to Settings > About
  • Click on “Ticwear Version” several times until you see a popped up message: “In developer mode now”
  • Go to Settings > Developer info and start “ADB test”

Step 2: How to Use the Developer Dock

• Turn over your Ticwatch to the back. Use a tweezer to carefully remove the seal to reveal the USB contact points below it (indicated in pictures).

Pins.png
Pins.png (72.7 KiB) Viewed 1746 times

• Align the USB contact points with the pins on the developer dock carefully and press your Ticwatch firmly on the dock. Put the clip on to secure the watch.
  • Use the USB cord to connect the dock with your laptop and allow the “USB test” request on your Ticwatch.
  • Run “ADB devices” on your PC. If your dock is successfully connected, you will be able to see your Ticwatch’s serial number on the screen as shown below. If you don’t see the corresponding serial number, please try to reconnect the dock with your laptop until it works.

Console.png
Console.png (119.77 KiB) Viewed 1746 times

Step 3: Start Coding!

To facilitate your development effort, we have provided you a developer doc for Ticwear on our developer platform. Please feel free to visit the following website for more details. http://developer.chumenwenwen.com/en/v2/doc/ticwear/getting-started

no avatar
EpicLPer

Re: Developer Dock User Manual

Post by EpicLPer » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:10 pm

Can I somewhere buy a dev dock? I never knew that there was a dev variant around, else I'd have picked that one :(

no avatar
raspes

Post by raspes » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Hello, about of pair ticwatch, is there a posibility to pair with usb or bluethoot?

no avatar
john21wall

Post by john21wall » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:17 am

Have you tried removing any Bluetooth connections that may have been made? My one did the same.

no avatar
raspes

Post by raspes » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:58 pm

john21wall wrote:Have you tried removing any Bluetooth connections that may have been made? My one did the same.
Thanks for the answer!!!! I'll try it.

no avatar
mclark

Post by mclark » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:42 am

Hi - I am trying to develop an app for the Ticwatch 2. Are Ticwatch 2 Developer Dock cables for sale anywhere? Or what are the specs so I can try to create a cable myself?