What about Minuum for keyboard?

no avatar
Pbem

What about Minuum for keyboard?

Post by Pbem » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:50 pm

Hi guys, I'm loving my watch but i still think we arent using the ticwatch up to its potencial.

Voice reply is really cool to use but it isn't always possible to use it.
Either we are in public place and want some privacy, or because English is not our native/first/main language!
We all agree that typing in a screen this small isn't easy or practical, but for short answers it would be enough. "10min to arrive", "2nd shelf", "wait for me", etc etc etc

As the talks between Mobvoi and TouchPal didnt work what do you think of Minnum? I did some research and they have some experience on this field. It is available for android and iphone.
- "A tiny screen needs a tiny keyboard, and Minuum is up to the challenge. You can stop yelling at your wrist: it’s okay to be sloppy, Minuum expects you to miss every letter."
- "Minuum was previously available as a limited preview for all Android and Android Wear smart watches."
- "In addition to Android Wear, Minuum also enables typing on a number of Android 4.0+ devices including the original Galaxy Gear and the Omate TrueSmart." --- So i assume this may be relatively easy to port.

""How can you get one?
If you feel like your smartwatch is lacking Minuum, we don’t blame you. We’ll announce any future releases to our mailing list.""
They seem to be open to negociations.
They support:• English
• Spanish
• French
• German
• Italian
• Portuguese-BR
• Russian
• Dutch
• Swedish
• Czech
• Polish
• Portuguese-PT
• Turkish

http://minuum.com/minuum-on-smartwatch/

What do you think?

no avatar
darktator

Re: What about Minuum for keyboard?

Post by darktator » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:21 pm

Sounds great !
I wasn't fan of a keyboard on the watch, but this one seems to be very cool to used on a tiny screen like the ticwatch screen.

no avatar
wISH

Post by wISH » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Totally cool thing! I would love that on TW2!

no avatar
David

Post by David » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:02 pm

I Think this is a great idea! A keyboard is one. Of the key things I am missing on the watch!

no avatar
Pbem

Post by Pbem » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:09 pm

I think probably Mobvoi should approach them.
It could be us, but a more official talk between the teams would make more sense.
Do you think there's anyway to contact them directly?

no avatar
jerryeight

Post by jerryeight » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Pbem wrote:Hi guys, I'm loving my watch but i still think we arent using the ticwatch up to its potencial.

Voice reply is really cool to use but it isn't always possible to use it.
Either we are in public place and want some privacy, or because English is not our native/first/main language!
We all agree that typing in a screen this small isn't easy or practical, but for short answers it would be enough. "10min to arrive", "2nd shelf", "wait for me", etc etc etc

As the talks between Mobvoi and TouchPal didnt work what do you think of Minnum? I did some research and they have some experience on this field. It is available for android and iphone.
- "A tiny screen needs a tiny keyboard, and Minuum is up to the challenge. You can stop yelling at your wrist: it’s okay to be sloppy, Minuum expects you to miss every letter."
- "Minuum was previously available as a limited preview for all Android and Android Wear smart watches."
- "In addition to Android Wear, Minuum also enables typing on a number of Android 4.0+ devices including the original Galaxy Gear and the Omate TrueSmart." --- So i assume this may be relatively easy to port.

""How can you get one?
If you feel like your smartwatch is lacking Minuum, we don’t blame you. We’ll announce any future releases to our mailing list.""
They seem to be open to negociations.
They support:• English
• Spanish
• French
• German
• Italian
• Portuguese-BR
• Russian
• Dutch
• Swedish
• Czech
• Polish
• Portuguese-PT
• Turkish

http://minuum.com/minuum-on-smartwatch/

What do you think?

Thank you for the heads up. I will send your suggestion to our team for their consideration.

no avatar
iSasFTW

Post by iSasFTW » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:39 am

I tried it and it kinda works. (Force install adb)
Doesn't work with the notification replies though, but it does if you use other apps like Firefox installed over adb.