Solutions for Android phone pairing issues

no avatar
jerryeight

Solutions for Android phone pairing issues

Post by jerryeight » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

If you can not connect to your Ticwatch 2 with your phone please follow the steps below.

The cause of the issue is that the OS and companion apps were updated several times after the retail models were already flashed and packaged. Therefore, on some phones there could be issues pairing the watches.

Please make sure make sure that your Bluetooth is set to visible to other devices.

Before you start, Uninstall the companion you downloaded from the Google Play Store. Restart your phone.

1. Please go to the Settings application on your phone and select Security. Then scroll down and enable Unknown Sources, please click OK on the notice that appears.

Screenshot for Step 1 (1).jpg
Screenshot for Step 1 (1).jpg (56.24 KiB) Viewed 8447 times

Screenshot for Step 1 (2).jpg
Screenshot for Step 1 (2).jpg (65.49 KiB) Viewed 8447 times

2. Please download the companion installer at the link below. When it is done downloading, please allow it to install. When the install screen appears, please select Next, and then Install.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B54nqo11wPjedXRqckRqcFZ4V2M/view?usp=sharing

Screenshot for Step 2 (1).jpg
Screenshot for Step 2 (1).jpg (116.96 KiB) Viewed 8447 times

Screenshot for Step 2 (2).jpg
Screenshot for Step 2 (2).jpg (121.47 KiB) Viewed 8447 times

3.Upgrade your Ticwatch system: after you successfully pair your Ticwatch, go to Settings > Update and click update. The system will download and install the newest 4.2.5_intl version.

4.Uninstall the temporary Ticwear companion from your mobile device after Ticwatch's system update. After that, restore your Ticwatch to the factory setting by long pressing the crown and check Clear Data to clear all your data.

5.Download and install Ticwear Global from the Google Play Store again. Log in and restart pairing by scanning the QR code on the Ticwatch.

If you have any question please reply to this post below.

no avatar
jdubbs17

Re: Can not connect with your phone?

Post by jdubbs17 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:12 pm

What about with iOS? My Ticwatch will not pair with my phone in a functional sense at all. It gets stuck on the "Paired, Now loading system" Green check mark screen. It's not syncing with the phone or operational at all. In fact it almost seems like it's bricked.

Please help. This thing is a complete piece of shit and waste of money. Glad to see they used all of the additional funds to send out extra bands instead of making a better product.

Literally the worst experience I have had on Kickstarter.

no avatar
WatchWiki007

Post by WatchWiki007 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:27 pm

jdubbs17 wrote:What about with iOS? My Ticwatch will not pair with my phone in a functional sense at all. It gets stuck on the "Paired, Now loading system" Green check mark screen. It's not syncing with the phone or operational at all. In fact it almost seems like it's bricked.

Please help. This thing is a complete piece of shit and waste of money. Glad to see they used all of the additional funds to send out extra bands instead of making a better product.

Literally the worst experience I have had on Kickstarter.

Hey, man. Whcih system version you use to pair? Is it IOS 10? Did you try to contact them by email? Haven't got my developer version so cant help you now pal. Maybe you can provide some more details. So I might test it later and give some feedback?

no avatar
Cslbp

Post by Cslbp » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:35 pm

There is a solution to this on the ticwatch2 global release Facebook page. You need to reset your watch I think. Have a look! Hope you get it sorted.

no avatar
jdubbs17

Post by jdubbs17 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:38 pm

Yes, it is an iphone 7 running ios 10. No matter what I do, it will not move past the "Paired." screen with the green check mark. Tried to contact them through e-mail and facebook, but they have not returned either communication. Taking the money and running I assume. Complete bullshit.

And no, a factory reset do NOT fix the issue whatsoever. Have done it 12 times already. Not once will it actually fix the problem. Have shut down my phone after uninstalling the app and resetting the phone to get back to square one, turned on the phone, turned on the watch. Downloaded the app again, and attempted setup. Same damn thing happens every time.

no avatar
virtualEconnected

Post by virtualEconnected » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:42 pm

also somewhat frustrated. im using an android but after installing the app from google play the watch told me to update it & i downloaded something from google drive but the "install" button was dead which required me to research reasons why & proposed solutions wich had me enable less secure apps in addition to apps from unknown sources (unhappy about making my phone/data more vulnerable just to get a watch from a company that already put one out to work :cry:) but then That told me to download a "companion app" but the provided link was dead using both the play store & chrome :?

now finally found this suggestion but yet again the stinking install button isnt active?! seriously, why cant you just update the dang google play app vs having us downloading all sorts of things from Other places & making our phones less secure? :roll: & what the heck am i supposed to do now?

one reason felt comfortable backing this was because of the company's previous success creating a smartwatch but i honestly find this level of complication disconcerting & worry about future interaction/support...

update:

after restarting my phone 2 times the install button became active :idea: tbf, idk if that problem was due to my somewhat older/well loved phone or the software at this point but it did get sorted out for me :) hope everyone else figures out their issues as easily
Last edited by virtualEconnected on Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
jdubbs17

Re: Solutions for phone pairing issues

Post by jdubbs17 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:54 pm

Yeah, not sure if they are just incompetent or what, but their product does NOT do what they say it does at all....you know.....WORK.

It can't be a smart watch, because it literally can't even tell the time.

no avatar
jpau10

Post by jpau10 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:26 am

This is an absolutely unacceptable solution. The first rule of Android use in the US is to not download anything from a source other than the Google Play Store. While I understand that there are many app stores in China, you cannot expect us to download some random software from a google drive account in order to make this sync process work. Please provide (and email out) a date by which the GOOGLE PLAY STORE APP will be updated. Otherwise, send out instructions for a refund because this watch is basically a brick.

no avatar
dennisding

Post by dennisding » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:36 am

jdubbs17 wrote:Yeah, not sure if they are just incompetent or what, but their product does NOT do what they say it does at all....you know.....WORK.

It can't be a smart watch, because it literally can't even tell the time.

Hi, we will try our best to provide a solution for you. Can you give more details to the support@mobvoi.com, so our engineer can take care of your case?

no avatar
dougramirez

Post by dougramirez » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:19 am

I have a brand new iPhone 7 with iOS 10 and it simply doesn't work. The watch is a brick and useless. One of the worst user experiences I've had post-2000.

I tried rebooting, factory resets, uninstalling reinstalling app, at least 20 - 30 times. I can't think of any more combos to try.

I am confident in saying that the Ticwatch simply doesn't work at all, or at least does not work at all with an iPhone. Fail.