Ticwatch 2 FAQ—Updated 11/27/2016

no avatar
jerryeight

Ticwatch 2 FAQ—Updated 11/27/2016

Post by jerryeight » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:26 am

• How to Pair with Android

1. Open Google Play and install Ticwear companion app.

2. Turn on Bluetooth settings on your phone. DO NOT use your phone’s Bluetooth menu to configure with Ticwatch 2 connection.

3. Launch the companion app and create your account using your email, Facebook, or Gmail.

4. Scan the QR code on the watch as instructed. The watch will pair within a few seconds. If the watch does not pair after one minute, please long press the QR code and pair the watch manually.

5. Follow steps to choose language, location, and other aspects.

6. Soon it will finish syncing data between the companion app and watch.

7. Tap the banner for Mobvoi Store. Install the store at the prompted link.

8. Enjoy your Ticwatch!

• How to Pair with iOS

1. Open App Store and install Ticwear companion app.

2. Turn on Bluetooth settings on your phone. DO NOT use your phone’s Bluetooth menu to configure with Ticwatch 2 connection.

3. Launch the companion app and create your account using your email, Facebook, or Gmail.

4. Scan the QR code on the watch as instructed. The watch will pair within a few seconds. If the watch does not pair after one minute, please long press the QR code and pair the watch manually.

5. Follow steps to choose language, location, and other aspects.

6. Soon it will finish syncing data between the companion app and watch.

7. Enjoy your Ticwatch!

• What is the difference between each model?

The Charcoal and Snow models are constructed with Anodized Aluminum materials with Anti-Scratch Glass screens. They are light weight and great for tracking your health statistics during sports. All of our watches are IP65 certified.

Take it with you during your next marathon or perhaps your 5K bike ride this weekend. No matter the sport, Ticwatch Charcoal and Snow has your back.

Our Oak and Onyx watches are created with Cold-Forged 316L Stainless Steel casing for a metal finish great for work and play.

Wear the Oak or Onyx to your next golf outing with your clients and go straight to your party at 8 without switching your watch. It works with you, not the other around. Let Ticwatch Oak and Onyx be your ace in the hole whether in boardrooms or at parties.

Ticwatch Oak uses Anti-Scratch Glass screen and Oak uses sapphire screens for a luxurious experience and look. You will love it when you see it.

• Does Ticwatch 2 has a screen display always-on mode?

We have a low battery always-on mode designed, but you have to enable always-on mode in settings.

• What are the weights of the watch models?

Charcoal: 43.9g
    Snow: 43.9g
    Oak: 46.7g
    Onyx: 116.7g

• Will I be able to view notifications in other languages?

You will be able to view notifications in other languages, including English, Chinese, Hebrew, Russian, Arabic, etc., however the operating system is currently only available in English and Chinese.

• What is the strap width and length? What if I have big/small wrists?

Our silicon strap is 20mm width and 248mm length (buckles included); leather strap is 20mm width and 258mm length (buckles included), and steel strap is 20mm width and 208mm length. The strap is designed easily to change with any other of your favorite watch straps. Onxy will come with 6 extra links.

• Can I wear Ticwatch 2 on both left hand and right hand?

Yes, the watches can be oriented for both right and left handed users. You decide it during initial setup and It can also be changed afterwards in settings->preference>wearing preference

• How can I charge Ticwatch 2?

With each Ticwatch, you will receive a wireless magnetic TiCharge enabled dock along with a USB charging cable. Charging time is around one hour and a half. Those who order the Onyx edition will also receive a Volcanic Charging Stand, which props the original TiCharge charging dock.

• How long is the battery life?

Ticwatch 2 has a battery capacity of 300mAh, and is designed to function for up to 20 hours with normal use; Your actual battery life may vary depending on your particular user case.

• Does Ticwatch 2 has standalone 3G/4G connectivity?

At the moment no, but we are currently working on finding a partner to enable Ticwatch with standalone 3G/4G connectivity. However, you can connect Ticwatch 2 to a WIFI network

• What fitness tracking features does Ticwatch have?

The Ticwatch offers heart rate monitoring, GPS route tracking, step tracking, speed calculation, calorie burn tracking, goal setting, and sedentary alert reminders

• Will the heart rate monitor track heart rate continuously?

The Ticwatch 2 is designed not to monitor your heart rate continuously except for in fitness mode due to power saving consideration. You can turn it on in our “Health” app when you want to check your heart rate in real time. However, when you are using our fitness app and turn to the outdoors running mode, the watch does monitor your heart rate continuously, to help you understand your heart rate conditions during your sports session.

• Is the Ticwatch 2 waterproof?

Water Resistant: Ticwatch 2 has a IP rating of 65 which means it is protected from total dust ingress and low pressure water jets from any direction.
    Putting your watch under hot water and submerging your watch in liquid (e.g. swimming or shower) is strongly discouraged.

no avatar
dennisding

Re: Ticwatch 2 FAQ

Post by dennisding » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:27 pm

Thank you for your work Jerry.

no avatar
jdubbs17

Post by jdubbs17 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:21 pm

So I mention that your product doesnt work at all, and you decide to cover that up by deleting the comment? Stay classy thieves.

no avatar
dennisding

Post by dennisding » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:32 pm

jdubbs17 wrote:So I mention that your product doesnt work at all, and you decide to cover that up by deleting the comment? Stay classy thieves.

I think your post is removed only because of your inappropriate and abusing wording in the comments. Your regular comments that regarding troubleshooting request about the singularity case should be okay.

no avatar
jdubbs17

Post by jdubbs17 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:35 pm

Inappropriate? You mean calling out a company who stole millions from consumers to build a product that is an outright lie? Sure.

no avatar
Kravock

Post by Kravock » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:07 am

jdubbs17 wrote:Inappropriate? You mean calling out a company who stole millions from consumers to build a product that is an outright lie? Sure.

Sounds like it might be just you having issues, my watch is working perfectly fine along with many others I have seen. I'd suggest working with support on finding the issue.

no avatar
jdubbs17

Post by jdubbs17 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:53 am

Support is non-existent my friend. Literally can't get a response.

no avatar
Kravock

Post by Kravock » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:07 am

There is a public holiday in China at the moment from the 1st to the 7th so that may be why you're not getting a reply.

no avatar
dennisding

Post by dennisding » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:27 am

jdubbs17 wrote:Support is non-existent my friend. Literally can't get a response.

Hi, we have already received your case report, we will get in touch with you soon.

no avatar
chriseow

Post by chriseow » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:52 pm

Item states - "8. What fitness tracking features does Ticwatch have? The Ticwatch offers heart rate monitoring, GPS route tracking, step tracking, speed calculation, calorie burn tracking, goal setting, and sedentary alert reminders"

May I know where to find the GPS route tracking info? I just did a run and only get distance but not the route... In addition, the GPS seem to have some accuracy issue. My usual route of 2.2 km is recorded as only 0.99 km.