Ticwatch 4.8.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
qiangzhang
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch 4.8.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Post by qiangzhang » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:27 am

How do you guys feel in March? It is time to release our beta version 4.8.0 intl_a1 and we have some exciting news to share with you. For the past couple months, we have received numerous suggestions and questions about our new Fitness app, Health app, and Standalone Mobvoi store. In this beta version, several new features listed below have been added.
1. New gesture - Knock the watch case twice to shuffle songs.
2. New Fitness app - Improved features with fresh design. Now it’s time to move your feet and do some workout.
3. New Health app - With compelling design and new three dimensions(Exercise, Active hours, Steps), Ticwatch helps better track your progress and keep health in control.
4. New Standalone Mobvoi Store - You can download apps directly from Ticwatch and the limitation of phone OS is now a history.

How to update
If you are interested in these new features and want to give a try, please update watch first to make sure it is in beta version 4.8.0 intl_a1 then update the ticwear application on phone. Since this is a beta version, we appreciate your bug reports, comments, and feedback, which are extremely valuable. Thank you!
For Android users:
1. Update the watch to the beta version 4.8.0 intl_a1.
2. Factory reset your watch.
3. Start the pairing process(Scan the QR code) and download the corresponding beta Ticwear application on phone.
For iOS users:
1. Update the watch to the beta version 4.8.0 intl_a1.
2. Factory reset your watch.
3. Download the iOS Beta Ticwear application through this link: https://fir.im/93r7
4. After download, Trust this application on your phone. (General-Device management-Shanghai YuShanZhi Information Technology Company Limited-Choose trust).
5. Pair Ticwatch with your beta application on phone.

For those who are in stable version and not familiar with version switch, you can follow the instructions below to switch to this beta version. Thanks!
How to switch between beta and stable version:http://forum.ticwear.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1748
Last edited by qiangzhang on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Casinada

Re: Ticwatch beta version upgrade log

Post by Casinada » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:29 am

I updated to the newest version on the watch and the phone and it seems to work ok. (didn't do a factory reset of the watch yet)
I'll go for a run tomorrow to see if it works (very different results from my phone ). So far I like the changes :)
Keep up the good work :)
Watch Maker premium works great too but touch interface is not as responsive when using their watcfaces as opposed to the ticwear watchfaces.

no avatar
sustah

Post by sustah » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:55 am

Hi,

I have installed 4.8.0 intl_a1 yesterday and was very excited about it. However I've noticed a couple of problems. During the day my watch was showing 6000+ steps, which was ok, but at some point in the evening it suddenly started to show 1500. So a couple of thousand of steps just disappeared. Active minutes and other data was still ok.

I have to say new double tap to skip song feature is great and for now it worked for me most of the time. I have also noticed that Outdoor run distance with GPS turned on is now much more accurate then before. And also data displayed during the run is much more useful.

Is there a way to get the steps from this beta version synced with iPhone app, because activities, steps, etc. are not syncing anymore, watch also reminded me I should update my phone app, but there is no update of iOS yet.

BR

no avatar
sustah

Post by sustah » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:04 pm

My bad about iOS app, didnt read the whole post carefully :) Just installing beta app on my iPhone! :)

no avatar
JaiV5

Post by JaiV5 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:44 pm

Great update to the fitness applications, would be nice to see more apps on the app store, looking forward to a full google map application.

no avatar
qiangzhang

Post by qiangzhang » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:51 am

sustah wrote:Hi,

I have installed 4.8.0 intl_a1 yesterday and was very excited about it. However I've noticed a couple of problems. During the day my watch was showing 6000+ steps, which was ok, but at some point in the evening it suddenly started to show 1500. So a couple of thousand of steps just disappeared. Active minutes and other data was still ok.

I have to say new double tap to skip song feature is great and for now it worked for me most of the time. I have also noticed that Outdoor run distance with GPS turned on is now much more accurate then before. And also data displayed during the run is much more useful.

Is there a way to get the steps from this beta version synced with iPhone app, because activities, steps, etc. are not syncing anymore, watch also reminded me I should update my phone app, but there is no update of iOS yet.

BR
Hi , download the iOS 480 Beta Ticwear application through link: https://fir.im/93r7
- After download, Trust this application on your phone. (General-Device management-Shanghai YuShanZhi Information Technology Company Limited-Choose trust).
-Pair Ticwatch with your beta application on phone.

no avatar
sustah

Re: Ticwatch 4.8.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Post by sustah » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:47 am

I have noticed that BETA iOS app crashes when I try to open workout from 4.6 version of Ticwear. Every time.

no avatar
sustah

Post by sustah » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:49 am

And also there seems to be a problem with syncing Steps to Apple Health - its not working. Workouts, Running distance, Heart Rate and Active Energy is syncing, but Steps are not.

no avatar
qiangzhang

Post by qiangzhang » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:10 am

sustah wrote:And also there seems to be a problem with syncing Steps to Apple Health - its not working. Workouts, Running distance, Heart Rate and Active Energy is syncing, but Steps are not.
Thank you for your feedback,will fix it ASAP. 8-)

no avatar
dbornyk

Post by dbornyk » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:59 pm

When will the stable version be available?