Ticwatch 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:59 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Post by Gaby » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:03 am

Hi guys,

The update log will be provided shortly. Meanwhile, for those who have difficulties to update, please contact use through several channels. You can leave comments here in the forum, send emails to support@mobvoi.com, or reach out our team(Noah Zhang, Qinghe Kong, and Qiang Zhang) via facebook messager. Thank you for your understanding!

Best,
Mobvoi Team
Last edited by Gaby on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

no avatar
mikechan
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:33 pm
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Post by mikechan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:01 pm

PhotoGrid_1491587133935.jpg
PhotoGrid_1491587133935.jpg (45.92 KiB) Viewed 9149 times
The new calendar needs phone app support and sync...

but i cant find any new updates at Google Play...

no avatar
mitn
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:26 pm
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Post by mitn » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:08 pm

Beta Companion can't be installed via GPlay Store. The itself checks if an update is available. (but just every day or so...)
If somebody who updated already can provide the apk, this would speed it up. ;)

Another thing I noticed:
Before the update I had the option to disable the tickle function. Now this option ist gone and tickle always on.

no avatar
mitn
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:26 pm
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Post by mitn » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:28 am

Bug found and suggestion:

The design, look and feel are a really improvement since last calendar version.
But I noticed some things.

Bug:
Reminder-notification for event showed again and again, although the original reminder-notification was cleared. (Reminder is from the new calendar on watch, NOT from a calendar app in phone)

Suggestion:
- Reminder from watch-calendar -> you should be able to disable it (I use reminders from my phoneCalApp) - in CompanionApp for example

- Different Calendars should be selectable:
For example: Google Cal (workCal or schoolCal) or Microsoft Exchange Cal and so on... - also as Option in CompanionApp
(in previous calendar only Calendars which were selected in phoneCal were showed)

Overall a nice update with some points to adjust.

Greetings,
Tim

no avatar
Harboe
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:32 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Post by Harboe » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:48 am

Same problem with the calendar here.

Also, isn't there any fixes with the step counter?

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:59 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Post by Gaby » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:03 am

mikechan wrote:PhotoGrid_1491587133935.jpg

The new calendar needs phone app support and sync...

but i cant find any new updates at Google Play...
hi, you can download 4.9.0_int_a1 android companion at this link:
http://cdn.chumenwenwen.com/mushroom/fu ... 386897.apk

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:59 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Post by Gaby » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:12 am

Harboe wrote:Same problem with the calendar here.

Also, isn't there any fixes with the step counter?
hi, click this link to download 4.9.0_int_a1 android companion for calendar install.
http://cdn.chumenwenwen.com/mushroom/fu ... 386897.apk
As for the step counter issue, you can refer to this post:http://forum.ticwear.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2018

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:59 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Post by Gaby » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:16 am

mitn wrote:Beta Companion can't be installed via GPlay Store. The itself checks if an update is available. (but just every day or so...)
If somebody who updated already can provide the apk, this would speed it up. ;)

Another thing I noticed:
Before the update I had the option to disable the tickle function. Now this option ist gone and tickle always on.
hi, click this link to download 4.9.0_int_a1 android companion for calendar install.
http://cdn.chumenwenwen.com/mushroom/fu ... 386897.apk

As for the tickle function, we'll check at our end and keep you posted.

no avatar
qiangzhang
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:48 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Post by qiangzhang » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:29 am

mitn wrote:Bug found and suggestion:

The design, look and feel are a really improvement since last calendar version.
But I noticed some things.

Bug:
Reminder-notification for event showed again and again, although the original reminder-notification was cleared. (Reminder is from the new calendar on watch, NOT from a calendar app in phone)

Suggestion:
- Reminder from watch-calendar -> you should be able to disable it (I use reminders from my phoneCalApp) - in CompanionApp for example

- Different Calendars should be selectable:
For example: Google Cal (workCal or schoolCal) or Microsoft Exchange Cal and so on... - also as Option in CompanionApp
(in previous calendar only Calendars which were selected in phoneCal were showed)

Overall a nice update with some points to adjust.

Greetings,
Tim
Hi Tim,
We have received some fedback on this issue,may I know how often did the calendar notification pop up on watch?
Thank you .

no avatar
qiangzhang
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:48 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Post by qiangzhang » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:51 am

mikechan wrote:PhotoGrid_1491587133935.jpg

The new calendar needs phone app support and sync...

but i cant find any new updates at Google Play...
Hi,you can download the android companion through the link above.
BTW,you can double press the crown to take a screenshot on your watch without to take a picture .
:D

Thank you for your fedback.

Post Reply