Ticwatch 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Post by Gaby » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:02 am

mitn wrote:Beta Companion can't be installed via GPlay Store. The itself checks if an update is available. (but just every day or so...)
If somebody who updated already can provide the apk, this would speed it up. ;)

Another thing I noticed:
Before the update I had the option to disable the tickle function. Now this option ist gone and tickle always on.
As for the tickle function, we have noticed this issue and a new ROM will be released soon to fix it. No need to worry for now. thanks.

no avatar
mitn

Post by mitn » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:56 am

Gaby wrote:
As for the tickle function, we have noticed this issue and a new ROM will be released soon to fix it. No need to worry for now. thanks.
Nice. Thanks. :)

no avatar
wschlich

Post by wschlich » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:24 pm

My ticwatch2 with beta version 4.8.1_intl_a1 beta installed keeps telling me "System up-to-date.".
I have successfully installed the 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta companion on my phone, but this doesn't help the watch find an update either.
What's wrong?

no avatar
techmetalmojo

Post by techmetalmojo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:13 am

wschlich wrote:My ticwatch2 with beta version 4.8.1_intl_a1 beta installed keeps telling me "System up-to-date.".
I have successfully installed the 4.9.0_intl_a1 beta companion on my phone, but this doesn't help the watch find an update either.
What's wrong?
I'm experiencing the same problem. I re-read the OP and noticed the beta will be rolled out to random users. Does this only apply to OTA users?

Things I tried after installing the 4.9.0 Global apk and found that the watch is "System up-to-date":
  • - Instead of an inplace install to replace the Global app I uninstalled it and re-installed the apk from fresh
    - Switched the version on the watch from Beta to Stable then back to Beta
    - Factory Reset the watch and paired with the 4.9.0 Global app
    - Performed each step over Wifi/Bluetooth
I really can't think of anything else I should try?

no avatar
mikechan

Post by mikechan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:17 pm

qiangzhang wrote:
mikechan wrote:PhotoGrid_1491587133935.jpg

The new calendar needs phone app support and sync...

but i cant find any new updates at Google Play...
Hi,you can download the android companion through the link above.
BTW,you can double press the crown to take a screenshot on your watch without to take a picture .
:D

Thank you for your fedback.
:o
oh, that's great, that message faded out every time when i want to take a picture... :lol: :lol: :lol:

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:53 am

wschlich wrote:My ticwatch2 with beta version 4.8.1_intl_a1 beta installed keeps telling me "System up-to-date.".
What's wrong?
hi,the 490 beta is released in batches(randomly selected). The reminder "System up-to-date" on your watch mean it's already the latest version, because the 490 firmwear hasnt reach your watch. Please kindly be patient.thanks.

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:54 am

techmetalmojo wrote:
What's wrong?
I'm experiencing the same problem. I re-read the OP and noticed the beta will be rolled out to random users. Does this only apply to OTA users?

Things I tried after installing the 4.9.0 Global apk and found that the watch is "System up-to-date":
  • - Instead of an inplace install to replace the Global app I uninstalled it and re-installed the apk from fresh
    - Switched the version on the watch from Beta to Stable then back to Beta
    - Factory Reset the watch and paired with the 4.9.0 Global app
    - Performed each step over Wifi/Bluetooth
I really can't think of anything else I should try?
The 490 beta is released in batches(randomly selected), please kindly be patient. thanks!

no avatar
seanc85

Post by seanc85 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:26 pm

how do we update ios phone beta app?

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:39 am

As several users reported some bugs, we decide to temporarily close the update channel from a risk management perspective.We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and frustration caused by this issue and will take actions to solve it as soon as possible.

no avatar
andtodo2

Post by andtodo2 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:56 pm

I can't switch from beta to stable version. It always shows the beta version is up to date. How can I install the stable 4.9.0_int_a1.