Experiences with 4.10.1

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Harboe
Cash on hand: Locked

Experiences with 4.10.1

Post by Harboe » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:28 am

The step counter now seems to be to insensitive. Took the same walk the last two mornings and put on my Sony SmartWatch 3 to compare.

Walk 1:

Ticwatch 2: 1900
SmartWatch 3: 2400
Phone/Google Fit 2450

Walk 2:

Ticwatch 2: 2000
SmartWatch 3: 2600
Phone/Google Fit 2700

The calendar quick card seems to show the first even from the next week, but only for the main calendea. We need to be able to set up which calendars we want to see.

In the regular calendar app I find it hard to select the day I want and I would perfer to be able to set it to show the agenda instead.

When using Watchmaker it doesn't seem to count steps almost anymore. Btw I didn't use it for the walk tests, because I had noticed that it wasn't recording steps.

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Re: Experiences with 4.10.1

Post by Gaby » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:41 am

Thanks for your detailed updates. We've already give you replies on FB Group. Our engineer will help you figure that out. thanks!

no avatar
sustah

Post by sustah » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:08 am

Hi,

I've noticed similar behaviour. Steps tracking is way to insensitive now.

I count my steps and made 243 steps, but Ticwatch tracked only 28. It's especially inaccurate if walking on stairs.

GPS locking is working much better now. But in my experience battery life is much worse when listening to the music.

Some other suggestions/observations:
- add elevation to running and cycling workout
- Apple health sync - walking+running distance should sync values from pedometer and workout together, not workout distance only
- Apple health sync - Active Energy - same thing as above
- When using Heart Rate app alone it would be nice if measurements would be synced to Apple health as well
- I am really missing sleep tracking
- in Wristband mode screen backlight is very low - its hard to see the time even in dark ambient
- syncing of workouts to some other apps or at least export to GPX would be really nice

no avatar
sustah

Post by sustah » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:23 am

Another nice feature would be, if current weather conditions were saved with workout.

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:39 am

Thanks for your feedback!You suggestions will be taken into consideration.

The steps issue has been noticed and is under processing.

As for the battery life, how long it last when you play music?

no avatar
sustah

Post by sustah » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:02 am

I dont have exact time, but I will try to measure it.

Last two days I had also problems with charging - yesterday in the morning I took watch off the charger and it was showing 0% battery after whole night charging and shutdown. Then I put the watch back to charger and instantly it was on 83% of battery and then working normally through the day.

Today in the morning after whole night charging - it was showing charging circle in the evening when placed to charger - in the morning it was shutdown with 0% of battery. And it actually did not charge at all.

no avatar
sustah

Post by sustah » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:09 pm

So, the battery life.. today I went running with 27% of battery with music on bluetooth earbud and disconnected phone. GPS locking did not work. Watch went off after 11 minutes of running, so 27% to 0% in 11 minutes.

Also in the morning watch was 0% after charging all night, again. Took it off the charger and put it back and it went to 77% instantlly.

no avatar
sustah

Post by sustah » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:03 am

A lot off GPS problems for me since 4.10, tracking in 4.9 with GPS was mich more accurate even though GPS locking was not working for the most of the time in 4.9 for me. In 4.10 GPS locking is working but tracking is way off or not working at all. This is getting very fustrating as I cannot use watch for any sports tracking to get even approximate stats :(

Another suggestion - total distance by sports by week/month/year would be nice in iOS app and avg pace per week/month/year... and some other essential stats like fastest pace, total distance, longest run/biking, etc..

no avatar
sustah

Post by sustah » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:53 pm

I did factory reset without deleting data today, because of charging problems every night... lots of settings are not kept in the backup... like do not disturb schedule, active hours range, side tickle setting, etc... I also cannot open any of the workouts in iOS app, it crashes every time.

no avatar
ptaeck

Post by ptaeck » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:22 pm

Im getting empty notifications with Bitcoin Checker again. It is working ok in stable version 4.8.0_intl.

EDIT 22.8.2017
Issue still persist in 4.13.0_intl_a1 version.
Last edited by ptaeck on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.