Ticwatch 2 Boot loop (stuck at logo)

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Solidoxygen
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by Solidoxygen » Sun May 20, 2018 5:32 pm

Hello Ticwatch community,

I have a Ticwatch 2 that is stuck in a constant boot loop. In which it turns on, loads the Ticwatch logo, vibrates once, holds for a few seconds and then starts the process all over again. I have tried completely draining the battery to were even the charge symbol no longer shows. I have tried several long and short presses on the crown but no change.

I have been in contact with warranty support for over two weeks now. Since I received the watch as a birthday present and do not have proof of purchase they are unable to continue to the warranty process. I have the box and all of its original contents. The watch is in flawless condition and I would like to get it back up running. I am a Computer science student and do not mind getting my hands dirty. Can any help me recover this watch? I am assuming that it as a corrupted boot file or faulty NVRAM settings.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Jared

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Re: Ticwatch 2 Boot loop (stuck at logo)

Post by Jamie » Mon May 21, 2018 4:00 am

Solidoxygen wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:32 pm

I have a Ticwatch 2 that is stuck in a constant boot loop. In which it turns on, loads the Ticwatch logo, vibrates once, holds for a few seconds and then starts the process all over again. I have tried completely draining the battery to were even the charge symbol no longer shows. I have tried several long and short presses on the crown but no change.

I have been in contact with warranty support for over two weeks now. Since I received the watch as a birthday present and do not have proof of purchase they are unable to continue to the warranty process. I have the box and all of its original contents. The watch is in flawless condition and I would like to get it back up running. I am a Computer science student and do not mind getting my hands dirty. Can any help me recover this watch? I am assuming that it as a corrupted boot file or faulty NVRAM settings.

Jared
Hi Jared,

Is it possible for you to give me your friend's email (The one who gave you the gift) which was used to order the TicWatch 2 and I can help you from there.

Jamie

no avatar
Solidoxygen

Post by Solidoxygen » Mon May 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Hello Jamie,

I have contacted my friend that bought it for me. I can provide you his email but he has notified me that he purchased it from a third party vendor. I believe from an Amazon vendor, so it's likely it may have been a used or open box item. When I received the watch all the contents where still in the box as I believe they should have been but it was absent any clear plastic wrap. As I stated above I can provide you with the email but not sure if its any use. Do you keep track of unit serial numbers and or if that serial number is still under a timed warranty?

Please let me know where to send the email information.

Thanks,
Jared W.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Tue May 22, 2018 3:20 am

Solidoxygen wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:23 pm
Hello Jamie,

I have contacted my friend that bought it for me. I can provide you his email but he has notified me that he purchased it from a third party vendor. I believe from an Amazon vendor, so it's likely it may have been a used or open box item. When I received the watch all the contents where still in the box as I believe they should have been but it was absent any clear plastic wrap. As I stated above I can provide you with the email but not sure if its any use. Do you keep track of unit serial numbers and or if that serial number is still under a timed warranty?

Please let me know where to send the email information.

Thanks,
Jared W.
Hi, kindly click my name and there should be an option to send me a private email

no avatar
jmavrikis

Post by jmavrikis » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:47 pm

Dear Sirs of Mobvoi
I have exactly the same problem.
Give us your answers to the forum, your support is very important.
Thanks
John Mavrikis

no avatar
MFx1

Post by MFx1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:42 pm

Hi
My Ticwatch 2 which has performed flawlessly since I purchased it and which I'm very happy with has just started doing the same thing.I turned it off to put on to charge a it got stuck in this loop.
Can I get it repaired or replaced?
MF

no avatar
EricM

Post by EricM » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:29 pm

Hello,

I have the same problem. Any solution ?

Thanks.

no avatar
nitesh19.s

Post by nitesh19.s » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:00 am

I have a Ticwatch 2 that is stuck in a constant boot loop.It turns on, loads the Ticwatch logo, vibrates once, holds for a few seconds and then starts the process all over again.

Nitesh