Ticwatch Weekly Improvement Report

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
mbnu99
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch Weekly Improvement Report

Post by mbnu99 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:04 am

I love being able to see what's in the dev pipeline, thanks. I agree with the comments being written about Watchmaker both here and on Facebook, could support be built into the next release?

no avatar
Candid

Post by Candid » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:45 am

I think the "tilt to wake" is not to sensitiv but to lazy. It's not a question of how strong you tilt. If you tilt your wrist in order to look on the watch you are doing a very special movement in specific time and this must be recognized intelligent what it does not with the Ticwatch2. The Ticwatch2 wakes up way to much when you only do little movement with your wrist.

Normally, when you tilt our wrist (e.g. when you sit at a desk or write at your computer) or raise your arm and tilt your wrist (e.g. when you are walking) the movement and timing is very special and could be recognised much better.

E.g. my Xiami Mi Band 2 does this much better and I recognized that always when I want to have a look on its display there is a little but recognizeable time lag before the display is really turned on. And this is very useful. Because AFTER you tilt your wirst or raise your arm and tilt your wrist in order to look on your watch you will hold your display in front of you with very little movement because you now want to read the display. And if the Ticwatch2 would recognize this special movement with tilt/tilt and raise PLUS hold still for a short time the recognition would be much better than it is today.

If you tilt your wrist or raise your arm and tilt your wrist AND do furfhter movement you don't want to look on your watch and so the display can stay off. Only if after this movement the watch is hold very stabel the gesture für turning the display on is complete.

So, as I said, it's not a question of sensitivity but intelligence of the algorithm that decides to turn the display on.

no avatar
Candid

Post by Candid » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:23 am

ok now we have 4.4.0 and a changelog that e.g. tells us that the calculator got voice commands. But what are these commands? Why don't you post a complete Changelog with examples here on the board?

no avatar
darktator

Post by darktator » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:41 pm

Hello.

Thank you so much for providing us information about the Deb pipeline.
Here is my request :. Can you take a look at the double SIM problem ? I've write an detailed post here : viewtopic.php?f=30&t=222

no avatar
qsecofr

Post by qsecofr » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:46 am

The current Touch light up function not so feasible, always accidentally press the screen then it will lit up.

Please revert back the previous function, where need to tick on the screen twice then only it lit up.

Else I need to disable the Touch light up function and everytime need to press the crown to lit up the screen. Not good!

no avatar
willb55

Post by willb55 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:55 pm

bibet80 wrote:I felt that the tilt to wake mode is too sensitive and so it's unnecessarily draining the battery. I found that ambient mode without tilt to wake enabled drained less battery. So my proposal is to reduce tilt to wake sensitivity or to provide the options for user to select the sensitivity level. To me, my ideal setting will be ambient mode ON with less sensitive tilt to wake. So if i want to wake the watch, I need to purposely twist my wrist a bit harder but if I just want to see the time / date / battery level / steps, I can just raise my hands and get those information from the ambient mode.

I like this idea.

no avatar
trevorsky

Post by trevorsky » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:12 am

I used my watch to track a trail run this weekend. The map is perfect, and so is the time. But the distance is really off. Instead of 4 miles in an hour, it says I went 12. Is this part of the fix being worked on for the next update?

no avatar
andtodo2

Post by andtodo2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:26 pm

After Tic_4.4.1_intl update, I get a constant "Network error, please retry later".

no avatar
tribble

Post by tribble » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:34 pm

Has the TicWatch Weekly Improvement Report now become a bi-weekly improvement report? This seems to reinforce my message about maintaining your focus on what you have to fix first, and not divide your time with new stuff. Your last message was 21 November, which laid out a number of issues and their status. Then no meaningful follow-up (read: WEEKLY!). It's December 3rd, almost 4th. Almost two full weeks.

Which is it folks, a weekly report, bi-weekly report, monthly report? I'd just like to have some assurance that the plethora of bugs have a roadmap towards being corrected, and that you are steadfastly focused on that roadmap and not jumping around dividing your attention with talk of new features, designs, polls etc...

The message on the 21st of November was terrific! I practically jumped with joy (if you saw me try to jump, you'd know how funny that really is!).

Focus fellas. Give us what you told us you were going to give us. That's all we have a right to ask. At this moment, until that's done, any notion of new features is just a distraction. It's a distraction of your developers and it distracts the users from remaining focused on what we're supposed to have already delivered.

r/

tribble.

no avatar
jlynton

Post by jlynton » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:07 pm

When will the next "Weekly Improvement" occur?