Top Suggestion for Ticwatch

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

Which one of these suggestions do you want us to work on, BOSS?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Leash function to prevent losing your phone or your watch.
40%
Scheduled "Do not Disturb" mode as requested.
35%
Customizable Ticwatch Ring Tone
5%
Momentum powered scrolling to giving you a natural experience
5%
A Brand New Timer feature
15%

Total votes: 20

no avatar
dennisding
Cash on hand: Locked

Top Suggestion for Ticwatch

Post by dennisding » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:04 pm

Dear Ticwatch Users

After the first update for continuously improvement report. We have received comments and emails urging for a list of Top Suggestions.

After reviewing with our product engineering team about all your suggestions from:
1. Forum Post (The BEST Way to get their attention, wink wink!!)
2. Email
3. Facebook Comments.
We have selected some suggestions which are achievable in a reasonable amount of time.

All your suggestions are creative, and we will definitely improve them in the future. However, due to the limited resources within our engineering team. In the following update, we will pick the top suggestion from the poll, so that our design team will start ramping on developing this feature in the following weeks and bring it to life ASAP.
time_to_vote.jpg
time_to_vote.jpg (88.54 KiB) Viewed 7832 times

no avatar
aseidman

Re: Top Suggestion for Ticwatch

Post by aseidman » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:17 pm

Improve iOS functionality

no avatar
misterpeco

Post by misterpeco » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:11 am

aseidman wrote:Improve iOS functionality
I second that

no avatar
Oreste

Post by Oreste » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:23 pm

misterpeco wrote:
I second that
+1

no avatar
AlexLake

Post by AlexLake » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:31 am

Oreste wrote:
misterpeco wrote:
I second that
+1
I also second that

no avatar
tribble

Post by tribble » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:22 pm

SERIOUSLY? You are going down the path of every BAD and poorly led development effort I've ever witnessed. Believe me, where I work, that's saying a lot! Why not FIRST focus on the serious software issues you currently have before you try to entice us with new features? I'd rather those features work first, THEN entice me with something new. As it is, I have little confidence in your ability to deliver any new features if you are unable to correct the features the watch already has, that don't work as advertised.

A few examples:
1) my watch is unable to maintain a bluetooth connection;
a) when it loses a connection, I must reset the watch nearly every time to reestablish a connection;

2) when the watch is in power saving mode, it generally takes me many minutes of trying to touch the button to disable the power saving mode before it finally is selected. Again, quite often requiring a reset.

3) I never know which watch face is going to also allow me to control the music on my iPhone. This is a feature that should be available 100% of the time. It's not; it seems to be dependent on particular watch faces (whether this is the way its supposed to work, I don't know, just that this is the way it currently works);

I could go on, there are more issues I've seen that until I read this thread I assumed you were spending your limited time fixing, not going off to try some new features. This is a classic move. The old stuff is not sexy and you want to try something new and fun; this is also the path to failure (or in Jedi speak - this is the path to the dark side...).

As I said, fix the problems you have first, THEN, and ONLY then, go off to develop new features. Make the watch do what it was supposed to do when I received it.

All that said, you've probably seen other threads where I've praised the fact that you're doing good things, and working to resolve those other problems. Again, until I read this thread, I was content sitting back with the knowledge that you were focused. Do not lose that focus now. These are some of your most critical issues to resolve. If we, the Kickstarter backers, began posting in anger and frustration the plethora of issues we've seen (and that remain), you may be hard pressed to sell another watch. That is not what I want. When I recommend this watch to my friends and family (which I have many times already), I want to make that recommendation knowing that you have not lost your focus, and you are not going to end up like Pebble - just another has been company that failed in their business of making and marketing a good smartwatch. They were recently bought by Fitbit for a fraction of their perceived value from just six months ago. Do not become the next BASIS (bought by Intel then closed down), or PEBBLE (as I've already mentioned). Retain your focus and you'll retain a friendly and loyal user base. I would bet a large part of my ridiculously large salary that if you took another poll, you'd find your serious and experienced users agreeing with my assertions.

r/

tribble

p.s. my salary is not ridiculously large, but I'll bet it got someone's attention! :-)

no avatar
vivisected

Post by vivisected » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:36 pm

Android wear support. This watch is beautiful and generally, pretty solid, but app support is terribad. Tap into the android community to make your watch really functional.

no avatar
neil@chi.co.uk

Post by neil@chi.co.uk » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:07 pm

Android Wear please

no avatar
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Android Wear, Google Map