Jerry Tic Tips #1

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
jerryeight
Cash on hand: Locked

Jerry Tic Tips #1

Post by jerryeight » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:09 am

Hey Everyone,

This our very first, Jerry Tic Tips post on the forum. I will cover two to three topics per week. Free free to let me know in the comments what you would like to see explained in future posts.

Ticwatch Screenshots (iOS/Android)

Quickly double tap the crown to take a screenshot of what is shown on your Ticwatch. Your screenshot is instantly sent to your phone for you to share with friends.

Screenshots.png
Screenshots.png (502.55 KiB) Viewed 8643 times

Ok, Tico (iOS/Android)

Just say, “Ok, Tico” and the Tico voice assistant comes to life. The Tico assistant simplifies your life by setting a timer for you, find nearby restaurants, tell you the weather, and even call you an Uber all using your voice. There is so much more that Tico can do for you. Just say, “Ok, Tico” or swipe from the left and simplify your routine.

Ok, Tico.png
Ok, Tico.png (477.89 KiB) Viewed 8643 times

Call an Uber

Call an Uber.png
Call an Uber.png (404.68 KiB) Viewed 8643 times

Your Photo as Watchface (Android)

Ticwear companion app allow you to use your own pictures as watchfaces. Tap the blue icon next to the “My Photo” watch face to start customizing your watchface.

Next, tap the “More” button to launch your gallery and select the photo you would like to use. Adjust the picture to your liking and select ok to save it. You can customize everything from the hand styles to the color of the wheel. Finally, tap the the watch icon at the top right corner to send your personalized watchface to the Ticwatch.

My Photo.png
My Photo.png (1.76 MiB) Viewed 8643 times

no avatar
Cslbp

Re: Jerry Tic Tips #1

Post by Cslbp » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:59 am

Great tips Jerry, Thanks.
Particularly like the screen grab function.

The my watch face option is not showing in my companion app. Is this a future feature or something that is available to android users only? I am on iOS. If it is android only it might be worth mentioning this in the post?

Thanks. C

no avatar
guwu

Post by guwu » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:02 am

Jerry, thanks for this. But when it comes to the companion app could you please add a comment which version does provide this feature (Android/iOS/both)? I do believe that the "My Photo" watchface customization option is an Android only feature, or isn't it and I'm missing something?

EDIT: Cslbp beat me by a few minutes ;)
Last edited by guwu on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
jerryeight

Post by jerryeight » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:03 am

guwu wrote:Jerry, thanks for this. But when it comes to the companion app could you please add a comment which version does provide this feature (Android/iOS/both)? I do believe that the "My Photo" watchface customization option is an Android only feature, or isn't it and I'm missing something out?

Added it in to the post. Thanks!

no avatar
guwu

Post by guwu » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:09 am

jerryeight wrote:Added it in to the post. Thanks!

That was quick, thanks. Although I'd rather have overseen this option in the iOS companion app since I think it's quite nice. Do you think this is something - along with being able to directly install 3rd party watchfaces onto the watch from within the iOS companion - which will be available in a future update? Pebble is doing this quite nicely with their iOS companion so it should be technically possible.

no avatar
cellarboy

Post by cellarboy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:17 pm

Photo watch faces. Another awesome feature.... that iOS users miss out on. Sigh.

no avatar
zidarica

Post by zidarica » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:47 pm

My watch face

no avatar
brucesnell

Post by brucesnell » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:59 pm

Will photo watch faces be coming to iOS?

no avatar
delightfor

Post by delightfor » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:46 pm

Wow!! What a cool tip!! I had no idea!!

Thanks!!

no avatar
tickled

Post by tickled » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:07 pm

Very informative and helpful. Like the My Photo app. Could you in a future Tips talk about receiving text notifications?