[URGENT] Shipping Update for Indian Backers

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Sandeep2452
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: [URGENT] Shipping Update for Indian Backers

Post by Sandeep2452 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:04 pm

Saturday is over in india what is ur latest explanation. Please clarify team mobvoi. Tracking information is showing picked up by choice operator since 23rd .

no avatar
DigitalAks

Post by DigitalAks » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:35 am

@mobvoi and @samfog, if in case you guys come up with a solution stating we Indians need to pay customs as well, then please let us know a way to back out of this project get our refunds easily. Don't make that a painful process as well.

The excitation of getting a smart watch has sufficiently died down, asking us to pay extra over what I can get from other online sources would be a little too much. No! Thanks.

I would prefer it to be available on Indian Online stores than pay even a penny extra here.

Hope you have both the options open incase you end up with excess charges.

no avatar
ankit.it09

Post by ankit.it09 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:57 am

@samfong any update on shipping, the tracking page showing the same status 'picked' from last 4 days? How long we have to wait?

no avatar
samfong
Mobvoi Team

Post by samfong » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Hey guys, thanks for all your patience. I'm here with the latest updates for our Indian backers:

We tried two new methods over the weekend - half of them are going through customs while the other half got returned, but we will keep trying over the next few days to get them through.

Customs clearance is expected to take 3-4 days. After this, it will be passed on to the local courier, where customers will be able to see all their tracking information. We are doing our best and will try every day to ship the other half over by the end of this weekend.

I hope this will clear any doubts you might be having. I apologize for the miscommunication in the past - we are working on providing you with the most reliable updates from now on. Please feel free to ask me anything and I will do my best to help you!

no avatar
chetangoswani

Post by chetangoswani » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:33 am

Samfong..

As you mentioned in your last upadte about custom clearance tht will take 3 to 4 days. Shipment ststus shows 25 th nov it was in transit nd no update at all after that.

Can you tell me more detailed that who's watches were there so atleast if they wanna cancel order nd file for refund.... as i font wanna pay any taxes at all for the watch to be very frdnk with you..

Now this is too much of wait i already did to receive the watch...

Gati ppl are not providing any update nor you guys....

Why is that so...

Expecting some useful reply..

Regards
Chetan

no avatar
samfong
Mobvoi Team

Post by samfong » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi guys! Here's a small update for our Indian backers:

The first half of the parcels have arrived in India. They are currently going through customs clearance, and we are working on getting the second batch to customs ASAP. We will update the community as soon as they have gone through clearance. This way, our Indian backers shouldn't need to do customs by themselves.

no avatar
chetangoswani

Post by chetangoswani » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Samfong... do u mean we need to pay customs....

If yes i want you guys tell us right now instead of shock by gati....

And if i hv to pay i m sure i will not gonna accept it and return shipment straight way...

Regards

Chetan.

no avatar
samfong
Mobvoi Team

Post by samfong » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 am

Hi all! Quick update on shipping:

The first half of Indian backers' parcels have cleared customs! The second half parcels are still going through clearance. Backers will be able to see updates on tracking info after the clearance.