Ticwatch E & Bluetooth

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
jlariviere
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch E & Bluetooth

Post by jlariviere » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:22 pm

On my Ticwatch, under Bluetooth, it shows that my phone is disconnected, even though I am connected.

no avatar
stinger

Re: Ticwatch E & Bluetooth

Post by stinger » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Ok .. I have a similar issue but also worse.

Ticwatch E & Pixel XL.

Not only does BT not report connected, when they are connected, but there are worse things going on with BT/

At least once a day, the Ticwatch E (and Ticpod) somehow get deleted as paired BT devices.

The only way I know is that randomly, I get a request to pair the Ticwatch again. Just happens, no warning.

Of course this also means that I have to re-pair the devices, and then re-configure smart lock again, because this is now a "new" device.

What's going on ?

I've never had to re-pair a device in this way. In fact, I've never had a BT device vanish by itself in this way.

no avatar
laiks2

Post by laiks2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:16 am

Just to share my experience...

I had the same issue in the first few days I had with Ticwatch S... watch's Bluetooth "Disconnected" all the time while phone's Bluetooth says Connected. This issue has caused battery drain, especially overnight which drained 25% over 7 hrs.

Lucky for me, I've fixed it and now battery drain is manageable (5 - 10% overnight, but still not great)... Here's what I do to fix:
1. Restart the phone - after a phone restart, watch BT briefly shows Connected, after few minutes it goes back to Disconnected
2. Give all permission to Android Wear app in phone! Open phone's Setting->Apps->Android Wear->Permissions
3. Turn off SmartLock. Open phone's Setting->Security->Trust agents (path to Trust agents vary depends on phone)
4. If you are using Android UI that is aggressive in killing background apps in the name of preserving battery/memory, you need to turn this off or make Android Wear app exempted from battery/memory optimization. E.g. my phone is Xiaomi Mi5 with MIUI 9, I have to grant "No restrictions" to Android Wear app in Security->Battery usage->App battery saver

I did all 2, 3 and 4 above, and restarted both watch and phone (a MUST). from that point on, my watch's BT is always Connected!

Hope this helps

no avatar
Doctorsaad

Post by Doctorsaad » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:27 am

I am having the same problem and Google Assistant isn't working too. It says connect to Bluetooth or wifi.
Kindly fix this.
I am having one plus 5t

no avatar
laiks2

Post by laiks2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:52 am

Did you try the steps (2, 3 & 4) mentioned in my previous post?

no avatar
zeiphon

Post by zeiphon » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:27 am

I just registered to post a thank you for this!
Step 3, disabling Smart Lock under Trusted Agents seems to have cleared up the constant bluetooth disconnections (when phone goes to sleep) for me.

I wonder why this happens. For anybody else with this issue & for reference, I'm using an Xperia with android 6.0.1, Ticwatch E with android wear 2.9.

laiks2, how did you discover that this was causing the issue?

EDIT: To follow up, i'm still getting bluetooth dropouts all the time, and sometimes the watch just doesn't want to reconnect without a restart, but it does seem less frequent after disabling the Smart Lock trusted agent,
laiks2 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:16 am
Just to share my experience...

I had the same issue in the first few days I had with Ticwatch S... watch's Bluetooth "Disconnected" all the time while phone's Bluetooth says Connected. This issue has caused battery drain, especially overnight which drained 25% over 7 hrs.

Lucky for me, I've fixed it and now battery drain is manageable (5 - 10% overnight, but still not great)... Here's what I do to fix:
1. Restart the phone - after a phone restart, watch BT briefly shows Connected, after few minutes it goes back to Disconnected
2. Give all permission to Android Wear app in phone! Open phone's Setting->Apps->Android Wear->Permissions
3. Turn off SmartLock. Open phone's Setting->Security->Trust agents (path to Trust agents vary depends on phone)
4. If you are using Android UI that is aggressive in killing background apps in the name of preserving battery/memory, you need to turn this off or make Android Wear app exempted from battery/memory optimization. E.g. my phone is Xiaomi Mi5 with MIUI 9, I have to grant "No restrictions" to Android Wear app in Security->Battery usage->App battery saver

I did all 2, 3 and 4 above, and restarted both watch and phone (a MUST). from that point on, my watch's BT is always Connected!

Hope this helps

no avatar
Mgarin

Post by Mgarin » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:31 am

My TicWatch E does this all the time. I have to reset and re-pair the watch to my iPhone to get it connected again. There is no smart-lock in iPhone settings. Is there some other option I’m overlooking?

no avatar
cartolaio

Post by cartolaio » Tue May 22, 2018 4:22 pm

I own a Lg G2 and I have the same problem. Did someone else find the solution for this model ?

no avatar
chrisSa

Post by chrisSa » Mon May 28, 2018 12:03 pm

Thanks for your advice!
I had exactly the same problem. Removing the Smart Lock link on my (WileyFox Swift) phone, then re-booting the watch and phone seemed to fix. the problem. Fingers crossed it's a permanent fix (only 5 minutes so far).
I cannot imagine why Smart Lock would kill Bluetooth on the Watch so completely - must be a Mobvoi bug.

no avatar
fsamoggia

Post by fsamoggia » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:50 am

My ticwatch is also very slow in picking up the calls, so long that people get fed up ringing and hang up.
Any fix for this? Looks a bit like it is taking time to comminicate with thw phone to know a call is coming in...

Wear os latest
On the watch wear 1.3
Galaxy s8 plus on oreo