Ticwatch E & Bluetooth

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Luftwaffe
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch E & Bluetooth

Post by Luftwaffe » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:05 am

Hi and thank you,

Step 3 (the last I did not know before) fixed it for me on my Xiaomi Mi Mix MIUI 9.6 on Android 8.0

!!!

no avatar
PRing

Post by PRing » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:13 am

I've had tickeatch e :D connection issues for months having to re pair watch every day as it wouldn't reconnect over Bluetooth. Well new ios helped as if you re started the iPhone it reconnected. I then looked in settings/ background app refresh and noticed the toggle was set to off with every other app on my iPhone set to on. Flicking this switch cured the issue without having to turn off phone. As moderator could you share this news, lots of previous forums had people with same issue. :D

no avatar
xcoder

Post by xcoder » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:41 pm

Hello,

I'm still having this issue with the latest version up to date on 31st October 2018

Wear OS: 2.1
Build Number: OWDR. 180307.020

A bit rubbish that it hasn't been fixed in nearly a years time.

no avatar
Egan70

Post by Egan70 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:21 pm

I've had this problem randomly pop up as well. It usually is a Wear OS issue.

Open up your Wear OS app. Hit the reconnect button. This usually resolves the issue.

no avatar
Junaid

Post by Junaid » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:07 pm

The steps given by laiks2 work thanks man.
It has also solved the problem regarding using phones internet through watvh Bluetooth.

no avatar
kareem.moh.khalil

Post by kareem.moh.khalil » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:44 pm

I am having same issue, i did all steps mentioned in this post but no luck i have ticwatch e with honor 8x mobile phone what hapens is i am getting all notifications but not calls notifications

no avatar
Rocco.vanderveer

Post by Rocco.vanderveer » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:11 am

laiks2 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:16 am
Just to share my experience...

I had the same issue in the first few days I had with Ticwatch S... watch's Bluetooth "Disconnected" all the time while phone's Bluetooth says Connected. This issue has caused battery drain, especially overnight which drained 25% over 7 hrs.

Lucky for me, I've fixed it and now battery drain is manageable (5 - 10% overnight, but still not great)... Here's what I do to fix:
1. Restart the phone - after a phone restart, watch BT briefly shows Connected, after few minutes it goes back to Disconnected
2. Give all permission to Android Wear app in phone! Open phone's Setting->Apps->Android Wear->Permissions
3. Turn off SmartLock. Open phone's Setting->Security->Trust agents (path to Trust agents vary depends on phone)
4. If you are using Android UI that is aggressive in killing background apps in the name of preserving battery/memory, you need to turn this off or make Android Wear app exempted from battery/memory optimization. E.g. my phone is Xiaomi Mi5 with MIUI 9, I have to grant "No restrictions" to Android Wear app in Security->Battery usage->App battery saver

I did all 2, 3 and 4 above, and restarted both watch and phone (a MUST). from that point on, my watch's BT is always Connected!

Hope this helps
Hi, it is now 2020 and this issue still exists, but solved by your post :)

Appreciated!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D