Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
samfong
Mobvoi Team
Cash on hand: Locked

[UPDATE] Battery Issue and Current Shipping Status

Post by samfong » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:28 pm

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your patience over the past few days. The team is working extra hard to provide better support and to make sure the watches reach you as early as possible.

Battery issue

Before we dive into the shipping updates, we noticed that many who have received their watch are having issues with the battery life. If you meet abnormal battery issues like a sudden drop or short battery life, we suggest trying the following over the next few days:

Use the watch until battery drains, and charge it up to 100%. Repeat this over 1-3 discharge and charge cycles, and the battery capacity will improve over time.

If the problem persists, please do not hesitate to contact our support team at support@mobvoi.com.

Now, on to shipping updates…

To everyone who hasn’t received their watches so far: We sincerely apologize for mis-estimating the delivery time. Our initial estimations were based on everything going smoothly, but unfortunately, because of black friday, delays in packaging, pick up by the plane, and other small issues have all added up to the current delay. We are sorry that some of you have to face this, and we are trying our best to make things better.

By Monday (20th November), most rewards had already been dropped off at the DHL warehouse, in Hong Kong. Since then, we’ve been waiting for DHL to scan, process, and get them on the planes to various countries. We didn’t expect the shipment process to be this difficult, but due to Black Friday season, the warehouse is packed with many other parcels. We understand your frustration, and we’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

To explain the situation better, below is a comprehensive update of shipment to different countries.

— USA

The remaining US rewards have all been scanned and picked up. We are very lucky to have them finally picked up this afternoon! To see the latest status of your parcel, please refer to your tracking codes.

— Australia and New Zealand

Your rewards are expected to be scanned and picked up by DHL soon. If we are lucky, they will be on a flight this weekend. We are already calling DHL 3 times a day to push for the earliest pick up possible. Once on the plane, your tracking code will reflect all the latest updates.

— Canada

We have managed to secure 2 flights this weekend for your watches to be flown over. The two batches should arrive in Canada, go through clearance, and reach Canada post by mid-week next week if everything goes well.

— India As mentioned in a previous update, the Indian Customs has issued a new policy that electronic devices cannot be imported via the direct line we planned to use. In order to lower handling fee and VAT, we are trying a new direct line that only does pick ups every Saturday.

Meanwhile we are also trying new shipping method to see whether we can send them over in small batches. We will continuously try different ways to send them over but if none of these work, we are afraid that we have to choose DHL which backers will be paying for full handling fee and VAT themselves.

— Europe

Rewards have arrived in the Poland warehouse early last week. They are currently being repackaged and sent out, and some of our backers have already received them! Please refer to tracking codes for the newest updates.

— Other countries

Your parcels have been in the DHL warehouse in Hong Kong awaiting processing and pick up. After our calls with DHL, we are pushing for a pick up this weekend.

That’s all for today! If you have anymore questions, please feel free to reach out to us here.

If you are happy with the watch, you can join our #TicwatchArrived photo contest on Facebook to win $200 cash!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We are incredibly grateful for each and every one of you backers.

Best,

The Mobvoi Team

no avatar
chetangoswani

Re: [UPDATE] Battery Issue and Current Shipping Status

Post by chetangoswani » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Dear samfong...

I wanna file my refund and dont want buy prodcut from mobovi anymore... it was my biggest mistake i did backing mobovi for tacwatch.....

Please refund my money...

Waiting for ur reply on it samfong....

Regards
Chetan

no avatar
rakesh585086

Post by rakesh585086 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Team Mobvoi & Ticwatch,
I do not want to sound rude. But this is just blatant crazy.
You do not have any clue as to what is happening with Indian Customs & providing excuses of improper updates.
What is the actual course of action ? We do not want to pay any more money for the KS campaign when i can get it for a much lesser prices on Amazon/AliExpress.
I would like to have a refund on my pledge. I do not wish to continue the never ending wait & would rather take my business elsewhere.
Ps: This is the plight & condition of all Indian Backers at this moment.

no avatar
terry@vain.ca

Post by terry@vain.ca » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:04 am

Hi there, So i am still confused? I am in Canada and i read your update about Canada shipping. My confusion is with the whole backer, pre-order terms. So i bought on the website on Nov 14th TIC10436 . Are you saying my watch will be in this weekends shipment to Canada. I think that is still a confusing subject for many people. Also the term delivery and shipment are being used in a strange way. Many times i have read that watches will be "delivered" on a certain date but i am just realizing that what you mean is that "Shipping" is on that date.
Thanks, I am not at all upset or worried, I am just curious.
Terry

swoozz

Post by swoozz » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:53 am

Hello Mobvoi,

Thanks for the update! But this is just ridiculous!
There is a lot of miscommunication from your side, especially with respect to India. You yourself don't have any idea of what's going on and have been keeping us in dark with updates that don't seem reasonable at all.
Also, being on Kickstarter earlier and successfully delivered the Ticwatch 2, you should have been aware of all the logistic issues and complications for different countries. Either you haven't learned from that, or you want the backers to have all the trouble.
I'm a Super Early Bird backer and I was earlier promised a delivery of my Ticwatch S by October end. But that didn't happen. I can understand how things on KS work and these delays sometimes do happen. I was okay with that. You also promised that you will handle the logistics in such a way that there won't be any extra burden on the backers. You gave these promises without doing your homework of how shipment in various countries work and how customs handle this. Having shipped the Ticwatch 2 earlier, you should have been well aware of this.
And now you say that if the current shipment methods don't work out, you'll be using DHL and the burden of paying the full handling fees and various taxes will be on the backers?? This is just not good. Why make promises that you can't fulfill? And then why put us on the receiving end of all your mistakes? This would have been acceptable if you hadn't made any promises earlier.
Anyways, I hope all this get sorted out on Saturday and we get our watches delivered on Monday!

no avatar
samfong
Mobvoi Team

Post by samfong » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:23 am

terry@vain.ca wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:04 am
Hi there, So i am still confused? I am in Canada and i read your update about Canada shipping. My confusion is with the whole backer, pre-order terms. So i bought on the website on Nov 14th TIC10436 . Are you saying my watch will be in this weekends shipment to Canada. I think that is still a confusing subject for many people. Also the term delivery and shipment are being used in a strange way. Many times i have read that watches will be "delivered" on a certain date but i am just realizing that what you mean is that "Shipping" is on that date.
Thanks, I am not at all upset or worried, I am just curious.
Terry
Hi Terry! So sorry about the confusion. Pre-orders will be sent separately from the KS rewards!

And thank you for the feedback! We will try to be clearer in the future with regards to "delivery" and "shipment" :)

no avatar
david_ytk

Post by david_ytk » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:45 am

Does it mean all the pre-order watches still not send out yet?

no avatar
sgaikar1

Post by sgaikar1 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:01 pm

Hey samfog,
I am indian backer and still waiting for my watch.. i dont want to cancel my order and still in hope that you will deliver it asap..
please try to resolve delivery issues asap
thanx

no avatar
Klindten

Post by Klindten » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:34 am

Hey Samford
My friend and I preordered the ticwatch E on the 5th of November. I think my friend bought it on the european store, and I did on the global. We live in Denmark. He paid vat or something and I think maybe it has something to do with customs, I'm not too sure, but I never saw any option to pay anything to clear customs. Furthermore he has received a tracking number two days ago, and I still haven't (even though I bought it first).

I realise that there isn't much of a question in there, but I would like to know if theres is a difference in how the orders are handled on the two sites. My friend said that if the parcels gets picked up by our local postal service, they might hold the parcels for some time until they are cleared. Do you know if they get sent with whatever global currier all the way?

I'm looking very much forward to receiving the watch at some point, but I realise it might take some time longer than first expected.

Kind regards
Klindten

no avatar
macw450

Post by macw450 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:51 pm

Hi,

I ordered my ticwatch on the 8th November (UK) and I have an order confirmation but no tracking information. I have also tried entering my email into the tracking website: http://wechat-platform.chumenwenwen.com ... query.html but it cannot find any tracking number. Has the watch even been shipped? I was told it would arrive by the end of the month but I'm confused why I have no tracking information and other people do? I got it in the black Friday sale so I wasn't a backer.