Ticwatch S notification problems

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
jerison
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch S notification problems

Post by jerison » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:51 am

Just got this watch and found that some notifications appear and some do not. In details as follows:

Whatsapp notifications - it sometimes does not appear on the watch at all and when it does, there is no vibration at all to indicate.

Other notifications - some like email notifications appear constantly but there again is no vibration to indicate email arrival.

Is there any setting I must do to correct this?

My phone is a Huawei Mate 9 running OS Android 7.0.
Ticwatch S running OS 7.1.1.

Reason why I got this watch is so I can know notifications arrive via vibration. Please assist otherwise this fabulous watch will become like a handicap.

no avatar
jerison

Re: Ticwatch S notification problems

Post by jerison » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:40 am

Hello moderators/developers,

Seems from your silence there is no solution huh?
Well the least you can do out of courtesy is let us TW owners know whether you guys are doing something about this.

no avatar
peterhoth

Post by peterhoth » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am

I have the same problem with my Ticwatch S. I just received my watch yesterday. The first time i setup my watch, i can receive whatsapp and SMS notifications. Today, there are no notifications from the watch at all, even though my phone receives the notifications. I did a factory reset and setup again but still no notifications at all.

Mobile Phone : OPPO R9S

Ticwatch S info:
Android Wear: 2.7.0.177989997
Android OS: 7.1.1
Google Play Services : 11.9.51 (530-177350961)
Build Number : NWD1.171111.001

no avatar
virtual

Post by virtual » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:33 pm

Same problem here. TicWatch S does not receive ANY notifications from the phone.

I tried resetting both phone and watch following this procedure:
https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/ ... aLvEzgBwAJ
Then it started to work for a small amount of time (tipically a day or until I reboot the phone) after notifications are not received again.

The watch is connected both via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi; the connection is stable.
Android Wear stand-alone applications (such as Telegram) DOES receive notifications and send out messages correctly; the Google assistant works.
Any other notifications from the phone, such as SMS, Whatsapp, GMail, etc. are not received nor displayed on the watch.
There is no silent profile on the phone (which vibrates) nor battery optimization (it's running Android KitKat v4.4) nor application filter in Android Wear (it has been resetted to the default) and the notification service is checked for Android Wear.

The strange thing is that clearing data + cache of the Android Wear application ON THE PHONE makes the notifications go to watch again for some time, until phone reboots. Then nothing, again.

PLEASE HELP!

Mobile Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Android version: 4.4.4 (KitKat)

Ticwatch S info:
Android Wear: 2.7.0.178645119
Google Play Services: 11.9.51
Android OS: 7.1.1

no avatar
jerison

Post by jerison » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:33 am

Just an update for you guys facing the same issues.

After my post I left the matter as it is since it is apparent there is no solution.

Thing is the notifications seem to now appear 95% of the time on the TW on its own without any fiddling. However, the vibration issue is still a bummer as it may or may not vibrate. So I set the volume notification tone on my phone on the high side so that I am aware of an incoming msg then check my TW.

Luckily I still find the TW useful from one aspect. And that is crafting and sending a msg via voice which is very convenient especially so when your hands are on the wheel of a car.

So hope with time (like mine), your notifications slowly appear more consistently.

no avatar
Sparky

Post by Sparky » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:16 pm

Same problem on Ticwatch E.
Email notifications do not display or vibrate.
Others work ok.

On Huawei mate 9. Android 7.0

no avatar
sandypjoshi

Post by sandypjoshi » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:53 pm

I don't get notifications and/or vibrations on the Ticwatch E. Second day with this watch and notifications don't work. Tried everything I could find online, resetting, reinstalling, clearing cache...nothing works. Heartbreaking. Mobvoi, please answer.

no avatar
kevinranders

Post by kevinranders » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:49 am

Same here. Received watch today. I get no vibrations from any app or notification. I have searched and it seems Mobvoi support is non-existent. Looks like it will be going back tomorrow. Was testing this as a pilot as we were going to purchase a few hundred for employees...but not now.

no avatar
kevinranders

Post by kevinranders » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:57 am

Same issue here. Zero vibration for any notification. Have spent a few hours trying to fix. Mobvoi doesn't seem to respond. Guess I will be returning it....

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:32 am

Did you guys try updating your watch?

Settings-> System->About->Systems updates

Current build number should be NWD1.171211.002