How to Voice Control with TicHome Mini and LifeSmart Spot

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
renevega
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by renevega » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:30 am

Mobvoi,

Can you published instructions on how I can voice control appliances like TV, Aircon connected to LifeSmart Spot and TicHome Mini?

Thanks,

Rene

no avatar
GVDub

Re: How to Voice Control with TicHome Mini and LifeSmart Spot

Post by GVDub » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:23 pm

So far, when I try, having gotten both the Spot and the TicHome Mini connected to Google Home, Google Assistant, tells me it can't yet send that type of message. I'm phrasing, "Hey Google, tell Spot to turn on the Panasonic TV." If anybody's had any success in getting this to work, I'd sure love to hear about it.

no avatar
tuurleyck

Post by tuurleyck » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:14 pm

It looks like the Life Smart SPOT is useless when you don't have the Life Smart Station.
Can anyone confirm ?

no avatar
GVDub

Post by GVDub » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:42 pm

Spot works fine as a stand-alone IR universal remote with the LifeSmart app, although there are a lot of common brands that aren't yet part of its library, so you have to do a certain amount of custom programming, but the promise of voice control through the TicHome Mini (or any Google Home device) seems to still be a ways off.

Have to say that iLifeSmart customer support seems to be missing in action, as I sent a couple of questions through their CS link on the website almost two weeks ago and have heard nothing back, not even an acknowledgment that they received them.

no avatar
Michaelnuh

Post by Michaelnuh » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:38 pm

Im having trouble locating the i415 firmware update on the Motorola website. Can someone provide a link?

Thanks