Ghost clicking?

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Batsy
Cash on hand: Locked

Ghost clicking?

Post by Batsy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:08 am

Hi

I just received my ticwatch e the other day and have been noticing there have been ghost clicks.

For example, I'll be scrolling thru a menu then it will auto select something without me touching it. It happens once in a while. I've already tried factory resetting but it seems like its back again.

I do have a screen protector on but doubt that this is what's causing it... A friend said it may be static?

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

no avatar
admiraleliw

Re: Ghost clicking?

Post by admiraleliw » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:28 pm

My wife just got me a Ticwatch E a couple of days ago and I love it except for this same issue. Sometimes, like last night, it ghost touches itself into changing the watch face, often goes ahead and changes one or two of the "complications dials" and more often then not, causes scrolling inconsistency and seems to activate a "turn screen off" button that does so while making it vibrate.

I've tried both wrists and a different band.

Worst of all, I took it off last night and just put it on the nightstand and this morning when I woke up and picked it up, without putting it on my wrist, it turned on, but was at the screen that comes up as if I had touched the calendar dial.

I REALLY love this smart watch, but I gotta figure this out to be able to be happy with it...

no avatar
ahorne1979

Post by ahorne1979 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:46 am

I occasionally get a clicking noise during a phone call. I wonder if it related?

no avatar
admiraleliw

Post by admiraleliw » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:40 pm

I'm going to get some video of what it's doing. I really love this watch and have gotten its battery to actually last almost 2 days, which is great... I just wish it would stop automatically waking and changing things I didnt intend for it change...

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:12 am

admiraleliw wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:40 pm
I'm going to get some video of what it's doing. I really love this watch and have gotten its battery to actually last almost 2 days, which is great... I just wish it would stop automatically waking and changing things I didnt intend for it change...
Hi,

Yes it will be great to see a video so that I can send this feedback to the team.

Regards,
Jamie

no avatar
admiraleliw

Post by admiraleliw » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:28 am

Jamie wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:12 am
admiraleliw wrote:
Hi,

Yes it will be great to see a video so that I can send this feedback to the team.

Regards,
Jamie
Here is a quick video of some of the things it does... At the end, I also detailed some of the other things it's been doing...

https://youtu.be/NkZ3Ve8WWgM

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:31 am

admiraleliw wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:28 am
Jamie wrote:
admiraleliw wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
Jamie
Here is a quick video of some of the things it does... At the end, I also detailed some of the other things it's been doing...

Thank you for the video explanation. That does look like a faulty set. I have raised it to the engineering team and I will post updates here soon.

Jamie

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:39 am

Jamie wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:31 am
admiraleliw wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Hi,

Regards,
Jamie

Thank you for the video explanation. That does look like a faulty set. I have raised it to the engineering team and I will post updates here soon.

Jamie
Seems like it is a case of a faulty set. Can I get you to apply for warranty at http://support.ticwear.com and we will be happy to get you a new set.

no avatar
admiraleliw

Post by admiraleliw » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Jamie wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:39 am
Jamie wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:31 am
admiraleliw wrote:

Jamie
Seems like it is a case of a faulty set. Can I get you to apply for warranty at http://support.ticwear.com and we will be happy to get you a new set.
Thanks for the quick followup... I will be doing that right away! Thanks!

no avatar
Roelbruijn

Post by Roelbruijn » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:20 am

Hi Jamie,

I have the ticwatch e since thursday. But i have the same problem here with the screen. Sometimes its operating itself like in the video above. From unboxing on, at the language selection the screen is touched by itself. Factory reset doesnt work.

How can i solve this? Do i allso have to apply to the waranty?

Kind regards

Roel