Microphone is not working on calls

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
HongYung
Cash on hand: Locked

Microphone is not working on calls

Post by HongYung » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:02 am

I just received this watch less than 24 hours. When I receive or making call with my ticwatch 2, the other party can't hear me at all. I can hear them clearly from the speaker. I can use the watch mic for voice typing and etc hence it is not hardware problem.

My phone is Galaxy Note 4 running on Android 6.0.1
My ticwatch 2 is running on tic4.13.0 intl

It is a nice watch so far and I would much appreciated if someone knows how to fix this issue....

no avatar
HongYung

Re: Microphone is not working on calls

Post by HongYung » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:03 am

Now I starts to understand some of the feedback of previous ticwatch owner.

My honest feedback:
1. I'm very happy with the watch so far, BUT:
2. I'm feel sad when there is near to none of any support actually reply to my post or any software related issues.

It is very important on the after sales support especially a product that running on an OS...
The software support is where it differentiate your product from other cheap knock-offs product where I wouldn't expect any of the software support from them.
But why I starts to have this impression that you guys are more kin to sell the hardware more than improving your software ?

Maybe i'm wrong, but this is what I feel when I have revisit your community page from time to time... it seems like a deserted forum...

All the reply I see from the support are always on sales, shipment, order... etc $$$

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:55 am

Hi Hongyung,

Please try the following solution kindly suggested by one of our Ticwatch users "MichaelSimon" in a similar thread.

“If you do see green bars when you talk into the microphone, but it still doesn't work in some program, then that means that the mic is correctly configured in Windows, but the program is listening to the wrong recording device. Try changing that program's settings.if your internal microphone doesn't work and you can't use it to record sound, you may try solutions below to make it work again. There are 3 solutions for you to try. You may not have to try them all. Just work your down until you find the one that works for you.”

Jamie

no avatar
amtor1

Post by amtor1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Theres not even a solution in your reply. That just restates the issue and says to follow 3 solutions that you didnt add.

The Microphone on my ticwatch 2 hasnt worked at all since the most recent update and given that the main functions of the watch are all through the voice assistant render it pretty useless. Factory reset didnt work either.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:20 pm

amtor1 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:44 pm
Theres not even a solution in your reply. That just restates the issue and says to follow 3 solutions that you didnt add.

The Microphone on my ticwatch 2 hasnt worked at all since the most recent update and given that the main functions of the watch are all through the voice assistant render it pretty useless. Factory reset didnt work either.
I have raised this issue to the engineering team. Thank you for the feedback

no avatar
Twallace78

Post by Twallace78 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:09 pm

After I updated my ticwatch my voice command stopped working.I have tried multiple of things an still its not working as if it can't hear me it keeps reading; pardon me. Please fix or help fix, 200 dollars is a lot to spend on something that just stops working. I've only had the watch for one week. Please fix.....

no avatar
meganvernetta

Post by meganvernetta » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:02 pm

Check to make sure there isn't anything in the speaker hole itself. I noticed my hand lotion had been getting caught in it and was built up blocking the speaker.