Anyone having issues with Ticwatch S battery life?

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
randomperson89
Cash on hand: Locked

Anyone having issues with Ticwatch S battery life?

Post by randomperson89 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:43 am

Hello! I've been using the Ticwatch S for a few months, and it seems like the battery life has been going downhill. For the past few months, I can use it for 12 hours, and still, have 40% left. Now, I can only use it for 8 hours, then it completely dies!

Worse, is that my Ticwatch charges slower now, before I remember I can leave it for 30 minutes, and it charges +20%, but now, it takes 1 hour to charge 10%.

Anyone having this issue? Is this just an isolated issue?

no avatar
ssnyder

Re: Anyone having issues with Ticwatch S battery life?

Post by ssnyder » Thu May 24, 2018 6:12 pm

I started having this problem after the Oreo update.

no avatar
TicTocCroc

Post by TicTocCroc » Sat May 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Having the same problem, battery life has dropped drastically and charging time has increased. The drop seemed to take only a week or so from lasting over a full day to less than 9 hours.

Also had poor battery life when I first received it in February but 3 times through the charge/deplete cycle improved it significantly. Now, however, I'm barely getting 8 hours out of it when before I could stretch it to almost 36...

My usage habits haven't changed in the slightest, I've not installed any new apps, i don't use fitness apps, I'm still wearing it through the day and charging it at night, and I don't see the point in having a "smart" watch if you have to disable connectivity to make it last a working day

no avatar
superunnown

Post by superunnown » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:37 pm

I am having the same issue for battery life on the ticwatch S wear OS 1.2 android OS 8.0.0 home app 2.12.0.197555195.

overnight when my watch is on my nighstand I lose approximately 54% battery life from it just sitting there for 7 hours connected to wifi/bluetooth.

I find that battery life pales in comparison to an older sony smartwatch 3 (SWR50) that I own and still use. If it weren't for the google voice bug on that watch with the older android wear OS I would still be using it.

I wish Mobvoi would just put the pure Android OS on their ticwatch S because it would be an awesome watch and a better experience in my opinion.

no avatar
Bunster

Post by Bunster » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:04 am

This issue has strangely started for me today also with my Ticwatch S. My usage has not changed either neither have I installed anything new or changed any settings on the watch. The watch was fully charged at 7:30AM and it's predicted to be flat by 2:00PM that just 6 hours appx. I rebooted the watch, which if anything seems to have made things worse. The watch is not Five months old yet so if it continues I'll be flacking up Mobvoi.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:19 am

Bunster wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:04 am
This issue has strangely started for me today also with my Ticwatch S. My usage has not changed either neither have I installed anything new or changed any settings on the watch. The watch was fully charged at 7:30AM and it's predicted to be flat by 2:00PM that just 6 hours appx. I rebooted the watch, which if anything seems to have made things worse. The watch is not Five months old yet so if it continues I'll be flacking up Mobvoi.
Could you check that you updated to the latest version and let me know if the problem persists? Thanks

Jamie

no avatar
khui

Post by khui » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:30 am

I used to get a full day of use. Now my watch battery is dead after less than 8 hours. This started after the Oreo update as well. Very frustrating and making the watch almost not useful.

no avatar
khui

Post by khui » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:50 am

Having the same problem after update. No change in usage pattern. Even drops connectivity to phone. We need a fix for this or the watch becomes barely usable with only 6 hrs before it dies.