Upgraded to Beta version, now my watch is a brick

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

FrightFX
Cash on hand: Locked

Upgraded to Beta version, now my watch is a brick

Post by FrightFX » Tue May 15, 2018 12:55 am

I selected version switch, agreed to try beta, and now my watch just starts up, displays the hamster wheel, then goes black. Seems it's off since it doesn't respond, and if I hold in the power button, it turns back on, but repeats process.

Help...

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Re: Upgraded to Beta version, now my watch is a brick

Post by Jamie » Tue May 15, 2018 1:07 am

FrightFX wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:55 am
I selected version switch, agreed to try beta, and now my watch just starts up, displays the hamster wheel, then goes black. Seems it's off since it doesn't respond, and if I hold in the power button, it turns back on, but repeats process.

Help...
Hey, do contact support@mobvoi.com and they will be happy to assist you!

Jamie

FrightFX

Post by FrightFX » Tue May 15, 2018 1:23 am

Thanks, just emailed them.

no avatar
graywoulf

Post by graywoulf » Wed May 16, 2018 9:28 pm

I just got my new Ticwatch 2 today and after reading about the benefits of the Beta version I decided to switch over just to see the difference while thinking that I could switch back if I wanted to. Now my watch will at least power on but it is not wanting to connect via Bluetooth. My phone will connect for a second or two. It did connect at first and then I would get a message that it was loading the "New Version" but it sticks on that screen. I was able to do a 3 or 4 second press of the button which got me to a short version of the settings menu and there was an option to do a Factory Reset which I have done several times but it remains in the Beta version thus the same thing as I first mentioned. I too have emailed support. I hope that they have a solution for both of us.

no avatar
graywoulf

Possible solution for Beta Version problem

Post by graywoulf » Fri May 18, 2018 9:07 pm

Here are the instructions I was given by Mobvoi Support to fix my watch after switching to the Beta Version of the TicwearOS and having problems with my watch. This worked for me so I hope it will help anyone else who reads this. Seems that on the Ticwatch 2, that the Mobvoi Store app also causes problems with the Ticwatch 2 (in my opinion). I had to redo this entire procedure after reinstalling this app. I will not reinstall it. I also switched back to the Stable Version of Ticwear once I got my watch running again. I did not let it install the version update (Tic_4.14.0_intl) as I did before. It seemed to cause additional problems for my watch.

So, all of that being said, here is the set of instructions given to me by Mobvoi Support. At this point, I wish you luck and you are on your own.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
You can try as following steps and see if your watch can pair to your phone again.

Note: If you have both the Mobvoi app and the Ticwear app installed on your phone, uninstall the Mobvoi app first.

1. Factory Reset the watch with “clear data” marked. This will clear all saved data from the watch. Including activity info or copied music. (Getting to this reset function requires a 3 to 4 second press of the crown button)

2. Clear the Bluetooth list of paired devices. (This step is important)

3.Reboot your phone.

4. Pair Ticwatch to your device Using Ticwear Global app.