Taking a call on the watch

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
glmdev
Cash on hand: Locked

Taking a call on the watch

Post by glmdev » Thu May 31, 2018 10:54 pm

In the Amazon product description, as well as the Wear 2.0 spec, it says that, because the Ticwatch S has a built in speaker, I should be able to take calls from the watch (and this setting is enabled in the menu), however whenever I answer a call on the watch (or place a call), it prompts me to take it on my phone.

Is this feature not actually available on the Ticwatch S, or am I missing a setting?

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Re: Taking a call on the watch

Post by Jamie » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:35 am

glmdev wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:54 pm
In the Amazon product description, as well as the Wear 2.0 spec, it says that, because the Ticwatch S has a built in speaker, I should be able to take calls from the watch (and this setting is enabled in the menu), however whenever I answer a call on the watch (or place a call), it prompts me to take it on my phone.

Is this feature not actually available on the Ticwatch S, or am I missing a setting?
IOS does not support phone calls and sms on the Wear OS watch

no avatar
glmdev

Post by glmdev » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:59 pm

I'm using a Pixel 2 running Android P and Wear OS 2.

no avatar
glmdev

Post by glmdev » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:00 pm

This bug was fixed by a recent software update. After updating, I factory reset the watch & re-set it up. Now, by going into the WearOS app and making sure the watch is connected there, I can go to Android Settings > Bluetooth > Ticwatch S > Connect and it allows calls to be taken on the watch. It's a bit of an odd procedure that is probably still the result of some weird bug, but it works.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:08 am

glmdev wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:00 pm
This bug was fixed by a recent software update. After updating, I factory reset the watch & re-set it up. Now, by going into the WearOS app and making sure the watch is connected there, I can go to Android Settings > Bluetooth > Ticwatch S > Connect and it allows calls to be taken on the watch. It's a bit of an odd procedure that is probably still the result of some weird bug, but it works.
Thanks for the update!

no avatar
beeragent

Post by beeragent » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:08 am

I still have this issue. I'm using Ticwatch E with Huawei P20 Pro, and every call I try to receive on the watch automatically transfers to my phone. I've tried a factory reset. All settings appear to be correct. Any ideas please?

no avatar
v2garcia

Post by v2garcia » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:32 am

I have the same problem ticwatch e and Huawei P20

beeragent wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:08 am
I still have this issue. I'm using Ticwatch E with Huawei P20 Pro, and every call I try to receive on the watch automatically transfers to my phone. I've tried a factory reset. All settings appear to be correct. Any ideas please?

no avatar
okeoma44@gmail.com

Post by okeoma44@gmail.com » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:22 pm

Did u try checking for a wear os update on the play store?

no avatar
dfortier

Post by dfortier » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Same issue here. Wear os is up to date. Checked software updates on watch. Says it's up to date. Anyone have any ideas?

no avatar
ski

Post by ski » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:08 pm

Hi, new TicWatch Pro owner. My calls were also being directed to my phone. I went into settings>connectivity>bluetooth. I then toggled "Play phone voice call on watch" and turned "bluetooth" off then back on. Now calls can be answered on the watch. Good luck.