Ticwatch E stuck at "Wear OS got a key update" - unusable

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
mrbijan
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch E stuck at "Wear OS got a key update" - unusable

Post by mrbijan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:35 am

Hi

I received the new update (Wear OS 2.1?) and when the update was finished and the watch booted up, its stuck at "Wear OS got a key update" screen.
Touch screen is not reacting to any touches and I can't select the "Learn more" or dismiss the screen.

The whole watch is unresponsive and sluggish. Takes seconds for the screen to even turn on.

I've created a warranty ticket, but Mobvoi wants me to ship the watch to China, even though the watch was shipped from a European warehouse.

Anyone else had similar problem and know the solution?

Thanks.

no avatar
Owossobob

Re: Ticwatch E stuck at "Wear OS got a key update" - unusable

Post by Owossobob » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:30 pm

I unpaired and repaired the watch and it seems OK so far. Will see if it happens again.

no avatar
wktangs

Re: Ticwatch E stuck at "Wear OS got a key update" - unusable

Post by wktangs » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:25 am

I got the same problem. I spot that the root cause mainly caused by 'Wear OS by Google' upgraded from 1.2 to 2.2 - not hardware problem.
The workaround is to disable the Google Play Shop auto update (otherwise Wear OS will be updated to latest version when you perform battery charge) in such a way to keep the watch running at Wear OS 1.2, everything works fine for me.
My understanding is Wear OS 2.2 should have a better operation to save battery usage, didn't know when TicWatch / Google can fix it in a short period of time.