TicBand Reset & Pair to new phone?

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
StrawberryJamToast
Cash on hand: Locked

TicBand Reset & Pair to new phone?

Post by StrawberryJamToast » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:56 am

Hi there,
A family member has recently upgraded from an iPhone to Android and I've been attempting to re-pair their TicBand to the new device.
So far, the suggestions of how to 'factory reset' the TicBand on the forum (by inserting and removing from a USB socket in quick succession) have resulted in the device turning off and back on, still having old data/setting present and not in a pairing state.

We have also removed the TicBand from the Mobvoi app on the old device and were able to pair it again to the old device no problem, but no luck with the new one. I've also seen the forum post that says you need location services enabled on the device before you can pair, and they indeed enabled.

After you input the SN code or QR code it takes a bit to search for devices then says 'device not found'.

Is there a way to truly factory reset the TicBand/initiate a new pairing mode so it will pair to the new device? Judging by the lack of forum responses to old topics asking similar questions, I take it nobody cares or knows?

Can anyone from support assist me with my issue? Am I doing something wrong?

She loves her TicBand, wears it everyday almost constantly. It was a gift from me and I'd hate to see it become useless.

Thanks.

no avatar
StrawberryJamToast

Re: TicBand Reset & Pair to new phone?

Post by StrawberryJamToast » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:59 am

Anyone?

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:59 pm

StrawberryJamToast wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:56 am
Hi there,
A family member has recently upgraded from an iPhone to Android and I've been attempting to re-pair their TicBand to the new device.
So far, the suggestions of how to 'factory reset' the TicBand on the forum (by inserting and removing from a USB socket in quick succession) have resulted in the device turning off and back on, still having old data/setting present and not in a pairing state.

We have also removed the TicBand from the Mobvoi app on the old device and were able to pair it again to the old device no problem, but no luck with the new one. I've also seen the forum post that says you need location services enabled on the device before you can pair, and they indeed enabled.

After you input the SN code or QR code it takes a bit to search for devices then says 'device not found'.

Is there a way to truly factory reset the TicBand/initiate a new pairing mode so it will pair to the new device? Judging by the lack of forum responses to old topics asking similar questions, I take it nobody cares or knows?

Can anyone from support assist me with my issue? Am I doing something wrong?

She loves her TicBand, wears it everyday almost constantly. It was a gift from me and I'd hate to see it become useless.

Thanks.
Hi StrawberryJamToast,

Ticbands can be reset by plugging and unplugging them into a USB port 3 times in a row and after that you can pair it normally.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
TicWatch69

Post by TicWatch69 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:34 pm

StrawBerry JamToast: Did you resolve this issue? I cannot get my new TicBand to connect & plugging it in 3 times in a row did not solve the issue.

Thank you!

no avatar
StrawberryJamToast

Post by StrawberryJamToast » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:33 am

Obiously you didn't read my post correctly, I had tried that and it hasn't made the device go into pairing mode.

"So far, the suggestions of how to 'factory reset' the TicBand on the forum (by inserting and removing from a USB socket in quick succession) have resulted in the device turning off and back on, still having old data/setting present and not in a pairing state."

no avatar
StrawberryJamToast

Post by StrawberryJamToast » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:40 am

I just got it to pair correctly to the new device. After waiting for the battery to die I plugged it in to charge for a bit, then attempted the reset procedure. Paired instantly once I put in the SN code, no fuss. Could have possibly been an update to the app since trying last time, or could have been something to do with running the battery all the way down? I guess I'll never know. :roll:

Can't say I've very pleased with Mobvoi support, took almost a month to respond, then said the exact same thing I had outlined in my post was not working. Not helpful.

no avatar
TicWatch69

Post by TicWatch69 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:02 am

Mine finally paired after I randomly tried pairing it again. No idea what made it work all of the sudden as I did nothing different.

I used it for a day and have not touched it again since. I did not like how my phone would constantly be sending me notifications if it could not detect the TicBand - I took it off after a while bc I did not want the TicBand & the TicWatch on at the same time. My goal was to use it for sleep tracking but the constant notifications became too much.

no avatar
nancy.horvath01@

Post by nancy.horvath01@ » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:49 pm

I have 2 phones. An Asus and an Umidigi. I have 2 SIM cards. One Canadian on Freedom network and the other is US on AT&T

My Ticwatch C2 will only connect and pair with my Canadian SIM. It will work only with the phone that has the Freedom chip regardless of which phone has this chip.

My conclusion is that when you cannot connect is because of your carrier, not your phone.