When a watch is dead on arrival return shipping should be Mobvoi's responsibility.

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

Wizardling
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

When a watch is dead on arrival return shipping should be Mobvoi's responsibility.

Post by Wizardling » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:50 am

To my mind, when a watch - the TicWatch S2 in my case - is delivered direct from Mobvoi, and won't turn on, won't charge with either of the two included chargers, and results in only 'USB device not recognised' errors in Windows, I think return shipping ought to be Mobvoi's responsibility. Not mine.

It's better than nothing to be offered USD $20 reimbursement later on, but returning to Hong Kong from NZ will cost me at least USD $15 more than that. Yes, that's the cheapest tracked rate I can obtain for a parcel whose contents cost this much - NZ Post parcel airmail service.

But I think when a company ships a profoundly defective product that can't even turn on new out of an undamaged box, they should take full responsibility. I might put up with this kind of thing from small sellers with razor thin margins on sites like Ebay and AliExpress, but Mobvoi is supposed to be a leading Wear OS watch manufacturer in the world. So then: lead. Don't stiff your customers for your quality control failures. You paid DHL to deliver my watch. Pay them to pick it up and return it as well, if you're really a serious enterprise.

Heck, you know what would have actually annoyed me a lot less than the above experience? Just paying USD $15 more up front as part of the purchase price for the product, and knowing I'd get fully taken care of. Not this rolling the dice and taking my chances mess.

Aathif Mahir

Re: When a watch is dead on arrival return shipping should be Mobvoi's responsibility.

Post by Aathif Mahir » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:17 pm

Wizardling wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:50 am
To my mind, when a watch - the TicWatch S2 in my case - is delivered direct from Mobvoi, and won't turn on, won't charge with either of the two included chargers, and results in only 'USB device not recognised' errors in Windows, I think return shipping ought to be Mobvoi's responsibility. Not mine.

It's better than nothing to be offered USD $20 reimbursement later on, but returning to Hong Kong from NZ will cost me at least USD $15 more than that. Yes, that's the cheapest tracked rate I can obtain for a parcel whose contents cost this much - NZ Post parcel airmail service.

But I think when a company ships a profoundly defective product that can't even turn on new out of an undamaged box, they should take full responsibility. I might put up with this kind of thing from small sellers with razor thin margins on sites like Ebay and AliExpress, but Mobvoi is supposed to be a leading Wear OS watch manufacturer in the world. So then: lead. Don't stiff your customers for your quality control failures. You paid DHL to deliver my watch. Pay them to pick it up and return it as well, if you're really a serious enterprise.

Heck, you know what would have actually annoyed me a lot less than the above experience? Just paying USD $15 more up front as part of the purchase price for the product, and knowing I'd get fully taken care of. Not this rolling the dice and taking my chances mess.
Hi Wizardling,

Please create a warranty ticket based on your issue in below link using your desktop not the mobile device.
http://support.mobvoi.com/

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

Wizardling

Re: When a watch is dead on arrival return shipping should be Mobvoi's responsibility.

Post by Wizardling » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:02 am

I already have an open warranty ticket. Is it possible to add this to it?

Wizardling

Post by Wizardling » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:48 pm

Your "fill in a tracking number and the name of delivery company used after you send back the original product" section of your warranty page gives a javascript error, but does seem to actually add the tracking info. Still, it's not working 100% as it should.

FYI: it just cost me NZD $55.48 (USD $36.76) for the cheapest tracked service in NZ to return my dead on arrival TicWatch S2. So assuming I get USD $20.00 reimbursed as promised, I lose out on USD $16.76 for the privilege of being sent a watch that had to have been dead before it was even boxed.

Wizardling

Post by Wizardling » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:01 pm

"We will arrange replacement immediately once we can track your returned information."

I filled in my tracking info on 09/07, and the dead on arrival watch and it's charger were delivered on 15/07. When should I expect to hear something about the replacement and that USD $20 promised as parial reimbursement for return shipping?