Please update google play services

no avatar
johnlinger

Please update google play services

Post by johnlinger » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:35 am

I use sleep as android and cardiogram apps with my tickwatch e. They worked before but now they dont.
Cardiogram stopped monitoring and collecting heart rate data since the latest software update. It did before, automatically.
Sleep as android is a weird thing. Its a very big story that you can read from my topic on sleep as android forums ( http://forum.urbandroid.org/t/app-not-t ... graph/1761 ). TL:DR app uses phones accelerometer to collect sleep data instead of the watch accelerometer.
Basically it seems like the watch stopped communicating, or stopped communicating properly with the phone, thus the app is no longer able to deliver accurate data.

One of the developers of sleep as android mentioned the google play services problem that exists. I did my research and testing and so far found out ( also in the linked thread that i mentioned above ) that the version of google play services is not up to date with the available version on phone ).

Currently i have version 12.6.88 on my phone. But the watch has the version 12.6.85 of google play services ( which isnt even listed in the apkmirror ). I have all the system updates and play store updates installed.
That could possibly be the culprit of why cardiogram and sleep as android are not working properly ( the versions need to be the same across 2 devices ).

If that is not the case then can somebody help me with this problem ? i can do a more detailed explanation and provide more insight into the problem with technical details.

no avatar
johnlinger

Re: Please update google play services

Post by johnlinger » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Still nothing ?