How do I remove the usb cover?

Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
iammackinnon
Cash on hand: Locked

How do I remove the usb cover?

Post by iammackinnon » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:21 pm

I have a ticwatch and a developer dock, but no idea how to get the cover off the usb pins on the watch.

Anyone that has managed to, any hints on how to get it done without damaging the watch? Perhaps a youtube video?

no avatar
mbrindam

Re: How do I remove the usb cover?

Post by mbrindam » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:59 pm

Remove the bottom band (with the crown to the left) and under the ridge between the band brackets there's a sticker set-in.... at least I'm told it's a sticker (I haven't done it, but this is my understanding). Try a small flathead screwdriver to peel up the sticker. Like an eyeglass screwdriver...

no avatar
iammackinnon

Post by iammackinnon » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:15 am

Thanks for the response. I'll have to mail the support link they gave me I think. I do see the inset spot where I should be taking off some sort of cover, but there is no way to easily pull it out. (I don't have any screwdriver or tweezers with a thin enough / narrow enough blade to do that).

Tickwear should have included the necessary tool to do this along with a video, it would have simplified things.

no avatar
EpicLPer

Post by EpicLPer » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Don't even bother opening a non-dev version of the watches, there are no contacts underneath the stickers... I've removed them both hoping to find contacts there but... nothing.

Screw it, I found them. They're under a lot of glue gunk still!

no avatar
EpicLPer

Post by EpicLPer » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 pm

EpicLPer wrote:If anyone is wondering, here are a few pictures. You still have to remove some gunk to expose them!
I'll try to figure out if you can connect a normal USB lead to it somehow.