USB data connection

no avatar
axa

USB data connection

Post by axa » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:57 am

This may well be a generic USB question rather than TIC specific, but thought Id start here.
Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Being a software developer, I have been looking for a dock that could make data connections between my pc and my TIC watch E.
From what i have found all the docks are really just 2 wire chargers and do not utilize the 4+ pins required to make a data connection.
Attempting to create my own, I have cracked open a dock and wired the other 2 data lines, 2 d+ and d- but found this not to work where my windows 10 pc pops up a message that the device is malfunctioning....

Therefore there most be something else to it.
Ive found online that sometimes the 5th 'ID' pin is tied or has a 'weak' pulled down ground.
But then Ive measured the continuity of the original usb cable finding all pins to be infinite resistance in respect to each other, so a weak pull down seems unlikely unless there is an active circuit doing so.

Long story short, i need some help figuring this out, any info would be appreciated.

no avatar
hrmckay

Re: USB data connection

Post by hrmckay » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:47 pm

You can configure ADB to use wifi or Bluetooth to talk to the watch so you don't need a special dock. The entry with the label "ADB Tutorial" dated Jul 17, 2017 in the Ticwatch Development forum explains how to do this. There is also extensive ADB help online. It took me some experimenting with the ADB commands but it works for me.