Ticwatch 2 and Ticwear OS

no avatar
graywoulf

Ticwatch 2 and Ticwear OS

Post by graywoulf » Thu May 24, 2018 3:07 pm

I hope this does not fall on deaf ears but I have to ask this question.

I just recently after some serious shopping bought myself a Ticwatch 2. There were a lot of factors in my buying decision as to style, screen resolution and other great specs on this watch. I was seeing that it was still getting updates and mainly I like the solid construction over the plastic case on the E and S watches.

That being said, I would like to hear from Mobvoi as to their future upgrade plans for the Ticwear OS. I sincerely hope that this watch has not been abandoned by Mobvoi in regards to any major upgrades. I see lots of posts here in this forum regarding questions about much desired and much needed features and apps for the Ticwatch 2 and it seems that there are very few responses from Mobvoi for whatever reasons.

This watch in my opinion has the potential to be one of the most sought after watches in it's price range if only you, Mobvoi would upgrade the OS for total Wear OS integration as you did the E and S series. At the least, upgrade the Ticwear OS to a state where Wear OS apps are compatible with the Ticwatch 2.

I sincerely hope to hear from someone at Mobvoi as to the future of the Ticwatch 2 as I am sure that there are many others waiting to hear about this as well. I am sure that a serious upgrade would greatly increase your sales as well.

Thank you for listening and I am eagerly waiting for a response.

no avatar
spthomas

Re: Ticwatch 2 and Ticwear OS

Post by spthomas » Mon May 28, 2018 7:26 pm

Just unboxed my new TW2 and seeing this already scares me, I really hope I didn't buy abandonware. :(

no avatar
graywoulf

Post by graywoulf » Wed May 30, 2018 6:19 am

Don't be discouraged but enjoy the watch for what it can do which is give you a great display and a lot of enjoyment. I wrote that in hopes of lighting a fire under Mobvoi to get busy in being competitive and hoping that they have not abandoned the TW2. I really would like to see a lot more apps as well as more functions in the fitness area.

I would like to see this watch have the same Wear OS as the E and S versions. I bought the TW2 over the E and S simply because in many ways it is superior to them. I did not like the plastic construction of either as well as the fact that the S model does not offer the ability to change the bands.

The more TW2 owners that voice their opinion as I have, the better the chances of improvement or so I hope. So jump in there and let Mobvoi hear your opinions and wants as to bringing the Ticwatch 2 into a great future of great improvements. And if you are interested, look into the WatchMaker app and learn how to design your own custom faces as I have. It has a learning curve but there is a lot of support for that on YouTube and Google+.

I hope you enjoy your watch. And Mobvoi, I am still waiting to hear from you on this as is spthomas now.

no avatar
BhaumikGanatra

Post by BhaumikGanatra » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:10 pm

I wish to hear from Mobvoi on the same topic as New version of Android Wear OS is already available in the market.