Failed Update

no avatar
Staceman

Failed Update

Post by Staceman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:12 pm

I have a Ticwatch E I purchased last week (received Dec 29). I paired it with my phone (Samsung 8 Plus if it matters) with no problems. Then it ran an update. It seems to have worked as "swipe right" goes to the Google Assist screen rather than the original "Change watch face" screen. However, it looks like another update is needed. I go through the Settings/System/About/System Updates path and it starts updating. It goes through the download process (which takes a VERY long time) and installs the update. Then, it does the reboot. During the reboot process, it fails and gives the "dying android" logo. Then, after a long power button press, it goes to a boot option screen.Eventually, I get it to reboot to a usable state. It works, but now it has a notification of "Couldn't install system update".

I have re-paired it twice with the same results each time. The watch works. I can use it for calls, texts, emails, etc. It's all good. However, I am worried that the failed update will hinder future updates or it may cause problems in the future.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Here are my versions:
Andriod wear - 2.20.0.226171956
Google Play - 14.7.99
Android OS - 7.1.1
Android security patch level - Oct 5, 2017

Thanks in advance for your help.

no avatar
zisk2002

Re: Failed Update

Post by zisk2002 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:23 pm

I am having the same problem.

I don't want to use the watch b/c it's a security issue as it's tied to my phone and it's showing the last security patch as being October 2017!

Not having a lot of luck with online support either.

no avatar
gallen81

Post by gallen81 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:13 pm

I just received mail Tic S Anand an having the same problem too

no avatar
pbotloh

Post by pbotloh » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:38 pm

Sorry i Read i am nog Aline in thuis matter, deadline Android even restarting the phone, looks like tot work allright, has mailt customerservice, hope tot receive An andere