TicHome mini lowest volume too high!

no avatar
claudioita

TicHome mini lowest volume too high!

Post by claudioita » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:33 am

Hi, I like my TicHome mini, but one disappointment is the lowest volume which is too high.

I like to go to sleep and wake up with a very low volume. The Google Home Mini has a perfect LOWEST volume, the TicHome is too high!

I like my TicHome because I can then bring it to the bathroom (the GH mini I can't), but for me is unusable in the bedroom.

Will a future firmware upgrade take care of this?

holmanm

Re: TicHome mini lowest volume too high!

Post by holmanm » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:50 am

-------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by holmanm on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holmanm

Post by holmanm » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:51 am

That's strange, when I say "hey Google ... volume one percent" I can barely hear it. My suggestion would be to fold a fluffy towel and sit the tic on it and push down to block the speakers some. If that doesn't do it place the towel in a bowl or box to make a nest that the tic can sit in and cover the speakers and sides while leaving the mic clear. Just a thought.

no avatar
claudioita

Post by claudioita » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:29 am

This works with my Google Home Mini (which replaced the tichome in my bedroom). If I do below 14% the TicHome stutters making it impossible to hear. This especially with Spotify, also with TuneIn with a lesser degree.

YOu don't experience this?

no avatar
Mele

Post by Mele » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Might be he has only tried lowering volume from tichome. I thought that lowest volume was quite high too. Now that I learn that there is also 1% option lowest volume is quite good