Firmware update policy?

no avatar
JohanTEA

Re: Firmware update policy?

Post by JohanTEA » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:12 am

No news?

Received my new TicHome mini three days ago but it can't activate the Google Assistant. Likely due to the old firmware.

System firmware version: 19549015
Cast firmware version: 1.25.91836

If the firmware isn't updated I need to return the device, because it's not working.

no avatar
JohanTEA

Post by JohanTEA » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:14 am

You can check the firmware version of the TicHome Mini through the Google Home app. Go to settings and scroll down as far as possible and there it is listed.

no avatar
mleduchowski

Post by mleduchowski » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:52 pm

i got my tic home mini last tuesday and it connected to wifi witch no problems.

no avatar
pip233

Post by pip233 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:56 pm

I also hope for a quicker update on the firmware. Google home keeps improving and changes some things over time on there server's. And mobvoi keeps getting to far behind making a fix and including the new google assistant features with tichome mini firmware.

First it was the trouble for getting Tichome mini connecting on google assistant. Gladly this was fixed quickly, from what i understand, on google side. But when google came with a new firmware to make it possible to set a music alarm or radio stream the alarm on tichome mini got broken. When setting a alarm it responses: "Ok, a alarm is set for 8.15." and after that: "There seems to be a glitch". This problem is for weeks already. Also asking to play nature sounds it is saying: "Playing nature sounds. There seems to be a glitch.", but it plays nature sounds. Also it is still not possible to receive broadcast or set music alarm on there tichome mini.

More and more seems to got broken. It feels more and more like what i had with my ticwatch 2 and the included, but useless ticwear. Great design and beautiful product, but bad after support by firmware and then these products (ticwear and i am afraid maybe also tichome mini) is getting more and more useless.

Please support the tichome mini with more support like quicker and beter firmware. On this moment i can't recommend this product to nobody if i end up with a broken google assistant and a bad bluetooth speaker that is also expensive compart to the google home mini.

no avatar
kmoon

Post by kmoon » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:43 am

After a restart, my TicHome now tells me there is a firmware update and that I have to go to Google Home / Home Control to finish it.
But When I go there, there is no information or option to update.
Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

no avatar
piersandro

Post by piersandro » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Mobvoi support exists?

no avatar
pip233

Post by pip233 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:15 pm

When did you get the message that there was a update for the tichome mini? I restarted it and even did a factory reset, but still didn't get this message. The firmware is still the 1.25.91836 which was the firmware when released and the system firmware is 19549015.

Which country do you live? I live in the Netherlands. Maybe that is the reason.

no avatar
jsl108@yahoo.com

Post by jsl108@yahoo.com » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi, All,

I'm in the US and mine still says 1.25.91836. Really frustrating and I'm regretting my decision to buy TicHome Mini. In fact, I just bought a regular Google Home Mini just to get the promised features.

Is Mobvoi even still in business?

--jessica

no avatar
tajw

Post by tajw » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:29 pm

Google home now up to version 1.30 and voice calling now working in UK. Sadly Tichome mini still on 1.25 and fast becoming a -at least portable- paperweight.

Does Tichome monitor this forum?

no avatar
erehwon

Post by erehwon » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:19 pm

I've just asked Mobvoi about firmware updates and got a response back today. They said that they will be updating the firmware next week and the update will include the Broadcast feature, which I asked about. They also said that it won't include the phone call feature as Google hasn't released this to third parties yet, but they plan to add it at some point.

This is great news if it does come out next week, though we'd all appreciate quicker updates and better comms from Mobvoi. Here's hoping we start getting more regular updates.