Battery Draining Whilst Off?

Here you will find news and events.

Moderators: markrocha, GordonHannan

no avatar
aikhan3@gmail.com
Cash on hand: Locked

Battery Draining Whilst Off?

Post by aikhan3@gmail.com » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:16 pm

I have noticed that my TicHome Mini is losing battery life whilst it is turned off. I switch it off after a full charge at night and when I turn it on the following day it only shows one dot of charge!

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or there is a problem with the TicHome Mini. I currently have 2 of these devices and both have the same problem, is anyone else experiencing this?

no avatar
jaikoo

Re: Battery Draining Whilst Off?

Post by jaikoo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:45 am

I’m seeing the same thing. I got one of these as a Christmas present for my sister. She charges it up each evening whilst off. Come the morning the battery is dead.

cfinch5

Post by cfinch5 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:20 pm

Mine drains quite heavily when sitting idle - obviously because it is constantly connected to WiFi. I will test to see what happens if I turn off completely - but not sure why there would be a discharge if off.

So far, I love the device for shower/ bathroom/ deck - but I am slightly concerned with battery life... it is definitely more of a home device than portable - but I'd love to trust the battery for longer usage around house.

no avatar
john

Post by john » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi, I am seeing the same issue - did you get a reply?

no avatar
aikhan3@gmail.com

Post by aikhan3@gmail.com » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Hi John

I have not received any reply from Mobvoi regarding this issue which is a little dis concerning. I am also waiting for a reply from them regarding when we can expect a firmware update, this was expected end of Dec 2017, its now Feb 2018 and still no word on the firmware update :x