Here you will find news and events.

Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
JohanTEA
Cash on hand: Locked

TicHome setup problem. G Assistant can't link account

Post by JohanTEA » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:05 am

Hi!
I received my TicHome mini a couple of days ago and have huge problems getting the Google Assistant working.

During the account linking part I get the error message "There was an error when linking your account. Try again". Of course it does not help to try again.

I've tried everything. Made several factory resets of the device, uninstalled and reinstalled the Google Home app, changed to US English instead of UK English. Nothing helps.

Is this a general issue for the TicHome mini?
Have anyone had the same problem?
Is there a solution?

I will return my device in a week if I can't get it working. As it is now it's more than stupid, it's annoying since it keeps reminding me constantly to setup the Google Assistant.

no avatar
Joost_o

Re: TicHome setup problem. G Assistant can't link account

Post by Joost_o » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:22 pm

I have exactly the same problem. My tichome has been working for months, but then the alarm was not working. Did a factory reset and now I’m not able to link my account anymore. Tried all the steps: app install and uninstal both on iOS and android. Different languages, multiple factory resets. Nothing will get it working! Please solve this quickly!

no avatar
bjornderidder

Post by bjornderidder » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Same here, I can't link my account with the tichome mini. I've mailed them, tried to post something here, but no response whatsoever. It's a very expensive paperweight if we don't get it to work. customer service is nonexistent.

no avatar
bjornderidder

Post by bjornderidder » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:30 pm

With the new firmware I was able to link my account. I needed to perform a factory reset to install the new firmware, but after that, I could link my account.

no avatar
Timothyerrox

TicHome setup problem G Assistant cant link account

Post by Timothyerrox » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:52 pm

the setup says sorry,but mia does not run under windows nt,begining deinstallation , i tried several compatibility mode still not work and i tried also in windows 7 x64 same problem