E shut down and now won't charge

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
mellex
Cash on hand: Locked

E shut down and now won't charge

Post by mellex » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:56 pm

Watch is 2 years old. Was at 35% but suddenly just shut down. Couldn't turn on. Put on charger, got stuck on lightning bolt for 2 days. Fiddled with button, got it turned on. Said 7%. Put on charger, circle started to go around, stopping at 7%. Never left 7% for a whole day, then shut down and stuck on white batter icon.

Shall I assume it has bit the dust? :/

Sabertooth.
Bank: Locked

Re: E shut down and now won't charge

Post by Sabertooth. » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:35 pm

mellex wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:56 pm
Watch is 2 years old. Was at 35% but suddenly just shut down. Couldn't turn on. Put on charger, got stuck on lightning bolt for 2 days. Fiddled with button, got it turned on. Said 7%. Put on charger, circle started to go around, stopping at 7%. Never left 7% for a whole day, then shut down and stuck on white batter icon.

Shall I assume it has bit the dust? :/
Greetings mellex!

It can sometimes occur where the charging pads on the watch become obstructed or pitted so that contact is not made for charging. I would try cleaning the pads with a pencil eraser or a small amount of baking soda paste (baking soda with a little water) before throwing in the towel.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
hrmckay

Re: E shut down and now won't charge

Post by hrmckay » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:23 pm

You could also try another charging cable. My Ticwatch E was taking longer and longer to charge, over 2 hours. I changed to a new charging cable and the problem went away. It charged much more quickly. Also, try different charging adapters or PCs.