Nickel Allergy / Contact Dermatitis to Ticwatch E Charging Electrodes

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
jrcjer
Cash on hand: Locked

Nickel Allergy / Contact Dermatitis to Ticwatch E Charging Electrodes

Post by jrcjer » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:02 am

I received my Ticwatch E at the start of this week and have been mostly pleased (although some functionality is limited for iPhones rather than Android, I figured as much would be true). However, today (~Day 3 of watch use) I noticed that I was starting to get a skin reaction on my arm essentially where the charging electrodes were coming into contact with my skin. I have a history of a nickel allergy (contact dermatitis), which did not cause any problems with the Ticwatch 2 because it charged wirelessly (and so did not have any exposed electrodes). I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem with the Ticwatch E (or presumably the Ticwatch S) and/or thought of any solutions. I would really like to use this watch, but unfortunately I don't think that will be possible if I cannot prevent the nodes from contacting or at least from irritating my skin.

Thanks!

no avatar
mike@mikesirois.com

Re: Nickel Allergy / Contact Dermatitis to Ticwatch E Charging Electrodes

Post by mike@mikesirois.com » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:32 pm

TicWatch Pro here. I have the same issue. The rash is small but persistent. I would love a solution. I am not aware of any allergies and had smart watches in the past that did not do this. I am coming close to the conclusion that it is always related to the charging pins. If this is the case, I am wondering if there is any current passing through these when not charging. Perhaps a firmware update can somehow address any residual current on these connectors? Can Mobvoi research this and provide a solution? I spent good money on this but cannot wear it but I think the watch does work well and I enjoyed the 3 weeks or so prior to developing this small rash.

A response from Mobvoi would be helpful.

Mike

no avatar
latenightsinmycity

Post by latenightsinmycity » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:52 am

I've just had the same issue.
8 ball pool

no avatar
shruti_1313

Post by shruti_1313 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:48 pm

i have the same issue with the Ticwatch Pro 4g lte.

Mobvoi's support team has let me know that all their products use the same charging leads. Their solution to me was to just bite the bullet. they are trying to sell me the another Mobvoi watch that has the same issue at a 30 percent discount instead. i will never recommend anyone to buy any ticwatch anymore not even the latest model as they will never fix the issue. they always think that the issue is in their users. :roll:

i used to show off to everyone how the battery life is amazing on this watch. now i will make sure to advocate for the fact that this watch only gives people allergies.

i have tried covering the leads also with Tape and found that the allergy still persists. i think there might be something to do with the whole back plate itself? i don't even know if Mobvoi support team knows what their products are made of :lol:
Screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot1.jpg (486.88 KiB) Viewed 518 times
Screenshot2.jpg
Screenshot2.jpg (106.9 KiB) Viewed 518 times