Brightness level of always on screen

Moderators: markrocha, GordonHannan

no avatar
Sasquatch

Brightness level of always on screen

Post by Sasquatch » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:48 pm

i might be one of a few but i use my watch with the lowest brightness setting.
My issue here is that the always-on or idle screen then is brighter than the active screen.
Its not a huge problem, but it would be nice if you were able to change the brightness of the idle screen or atleast adjust to the active one.

androidForever

Re: Brightness level of always on screen

Post by androidForever » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:24 am

A lot of other users also would like to control the brightness for the 'AlwaysOn' screen. A lot has been discussed here:

https://forum.mobvoi.com/viewtopic.php? ... e20441aa89

In general it is the lack of Android Wear OS not having it controlable. Maybe they just not wanted people to really use that mode. But this can take time until Google sees enough push from the customers.

In the meantime you could look for Watch Faces which itself allow to control the brightness of the 'AlwaysOn' screen. There are plenty, but Watch Faces of course are of individual taste.

Here is one example, which I often use:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... flex&hl=de

no avatar
Spider210

Post by Spider210 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:04 am

If I could turn down brightness of just the always on screen I could save tons of battery. That would be an awesome improvement

no avatar
jimrapc

Post by jimrapc » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:35 am

Same problem here. Watch get "more bright" when it turn into always on screen.

no avatar
Goolac

Post by Goolac » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:58 am

This is an issue I have with the watch too... I am hoping the next major update will have a fix for this. Brightness is a major factor in battery life. For now I run Watchmaker and mod my own faces with the Opacity turned down when the watch is in wake mode to accomplish the same thing. Now I am getting around 24 hours with wifi off.