Re: Ticwatch S & E battery life

Moderators: markrocha, GordonHannan

no avatar
terruca

Post by terruca » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:43 am

Hi all,
I've had my E watch for about 5 days now and the battery life was atrocious. Upon setting up my watch I downloaded facer an app that has lots of cool faces that you can use but alas I discovered that was the battery culprit.

I signed up herr just to post in this forum and let others know that I went from 4hours to having my watch last from 8am to 12pm-1am roughly. This occured because I switched the facer watch face to one of ticwatchs preloaded faces (petal face).

I must also add that I cycled my battery 4-5 times with that cool facer watch face and had absolutely no improvement with my battery life.

These are my settings
Face: petal in peacock blue
Brightness: 3
Always on: on
Gestures: tilt to wake only
Bluetooth: on
Play phone voice: on
Wifi: off
Location gps: off (because it drained my phone battery)
Volume: max
Vibration: on and set to double
Ok google: off (I never use it anyway)
Accessibility: All settings off
Fitness apps: all on

For those of you reading this forum and feeling like you've made a mistake with your ticwatch E purchase because of battery life. Just change your watch face to something far more simple. A colleague of mine also has the E and made his own custom face but tried to make it mostly black and dark in order to not drain the battery. It works also, he had maybe 2 or 3 % less battery life then mine at around 2 or 3pm yesterday (mind you we realised he had both taken our watches off charge at about the same time).

I'm so happy with my ticwatch E now. I hope this info helps

no avatar
Rafta

Post by Rafta » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:26 am

Got my second Ticwatch E (had the first replaces because of problems with the display) and even the second one has a great battery life.

no avatar
Spider210

Post by Spider210 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:33 am

Just started having issues where the battery goes from ~68% to 0 like instantly.

Would love to know the cause otherwise I think I got a defective battery.
Screenshot_2018-03-08-19-28-15.png
Screenshot_2018-03-08-19-28-15.png (212.82 KiB) Viewed 4228 times

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:01 am

Spider210 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:33 am
Just started having issues where the battery goes from ~68% to 0 like instantly.

Would love to know the cause otherwise I think I got a defective battery.Screenshot_2018-03-08-19-28-15.png
Thank you for the photo and clarification. It seems you might have a defective battery. Can you please apply for warranty at http://support.ticwear.com and we will get back to you shortly.

no avatar
Spider210

Post by Spider210 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Jamie wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:01 am
Spider210 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:33 am

Would love to know the cause otherwise I think I got a defective battery.Screenshot_2018-03-08-19-28-15.png
Thank you for the photo and clarification. It seems you might have a defective battery. Can you please apply for warranty at http://support.ticwear.com and we will get back to you shortly.
Ok thank you, I see there is an oreo update coming this month for the watch. I will update and factory reset the watch to see if that resolves the issue.

I will wait until that update comes to see if that fixes anything as I don't want to be without my watch.

no avatar
arieadie

Post by arieadie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:26 am

kite2017 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:14 pm
I've gone thru the process of discharging the watch to zero and then charging it, three or four times. I can get through a day with normal usage, as long as I don't use WiFi or GPS.

GPS is the killer. Charged the watch this morning, then went and played golf and used Hole19 app to get distances to pin. App work great and GPS gave accurate distances. About two hours after finishing round of golf, battery was dead. So watch lasted roughly 7-8 hours with GPS on for 4 of those hours.

The good thing is that the watch recharges quickly (about one hour) I now keep a recharge cable in the car for emergency top-ups of the battery..
So Hole19 works with Ticwatch S. GREAT! I am waiting for mine to come through the mail. cant wait!

no avatar
Crewey

Post by Crewey » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:01 pm

My battery Life was not good after charging out of the box. After one charge cycle and changing a few settings I can easily get 24 hours on a single charge.

no avatar
zeiphon

Post by zeiphon » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:24 am

Crewey wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:01 pm
My battery Life was not good after charging out of the box. After one charge cycle and changing a few settings I can easily get 24 hours on a single charge.
Hey Crewey, which settings are you using?

I get probably about 10-12 hours max if i'm lucky, with the following:

Wifi: Off
Bluetooth: On
Bluetooth audio/phone: Off
Always-on screen: On, with OPR of 1.1% (extremely dim)
Tilt to wake: Off
Fit\Health apps: Disabled
Notification previews: Display 5 sec
Ok Google: Off
Brightness: 1 or 2

My usage is not heavy, mostly to read occasional notifications and use google assistant every now and then (when the bluetooth is actually connected, which it often isn't)

no avatar
Mikko

Post by Mikko » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:34 am

zeiphon wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:24 am
I get probably about 10-12 hours max if i'm lucky, with the following:

Wifi: Off
Bluetooth: On
Bluetooth audio/phone: Off
Always-on screen: On, with OPR of 1.1% (extremely dim)
Tilt to wake: Off
Fit\Health apps: Disabled
Notification previews: Display 5 sec
Ok Google: Off
Brightness: 1 or 2

My usage is not heavy, mostly to read occasional notifications and use google assistant every now and then (when the bluetooth is actually connected, which it often isn't)
Are you using the stock Tickwatch watch faces? I think some were having battery issues when using 3rd party watch faces.

no avatar
Obiwanhug

Post by Obiwanhug » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:24 pm

I have my E for about a week, the first charge was obviously a disaster because of the updates. On the second the watch last about a day! And this is more or less the average in a smartwatch. I have a Lg G Watch R and with a normal usage it drains about 70% of the battery in a day, with very light use I can get two days of a charge. So for a new watch one day was not very bad... but with the second, third and fourth charge I only get 12 to 15 hours... That is bad, very bad! Then I remember that on the second charge I activated the location on the watch, so with the last charge I deactivated the location and the watch estimate 36h of autonomy! And, again, that is good!
So the question is, does the built-in GPS on the watch really turn off when the connection with phone is established? I read somewhere that when the watch is connected with the phone, location is provided by the phone, making the built-in GPS of the watch turning off, but with this battery results that I get I think that the Gps is in fact always on!