Speakers on Ticwatch E

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Xeset
Cash on hand: Locked

Speakers on Ticwatch E

Post by Xeset » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 am

Hi

On both the user manual and the KS page it says that the watch has a speaker. Yet, mine does not make any sound at all. How should I fix this?

I have checked in the settings that sound is set to maximum. I have also tried using the 'play on watch' feature in Play Music.

no avatar
lebemensch

Re: Speakers on Ticwatch E

Post by lebemensch » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:22 pm

And, how did you solve the problem?
I have a Ticwatch S and no sound either...
Would be great to understand how I can fix this?
If e.g. a phone call arrives no sound at all!
thank YOU!

no avatar
lebemensch

Post by lebemensch » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Please help. Same issue on Ticwatch S

no avatar
beedaan

Post by beedaan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:22 pm

I've had the S for a week and didn't realize it had a speaker until I read the specs. I've used pretty much every app you can think of, just playing around with it, and I haven't heard a peep. Any song I play or call I take routes to my phone.

no avatar
zeiphon

Post by zeiphon » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:31 am

The speaker definitely works for me, albeit not many apps or functions actually use it.

I can receive a phone call ring & take the call on my watch, using the speaker for audio. You need to have this enabled in your settings: Connectivity -> bluetooth -> Play phone voice call on watch

The Fitness app plays countdown beeps when you're starting an exercise (eg outdoor walk).

I could also play music using the app Wearify (although I don't recommend it..)

no avatar
zeiphon

Post by zeiphon » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:34 am

I should clarify that I'm using a Ticwatch E

no avatar
elementaldragon

Post by elementaldragon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:05 am

Well... i haven't really used it for much besides ringing during a phone call, and a brief session with the iHeartRadio Wear app... but I believe all the volume settings for the watch are muted by default? Think all i did was go into the Sound & Notifications page in Settings and adjusted the volume up a little bit. Believe that's all i had to do.

As for the speaker itself... the audio comes out of the tiny little slit just below the arm to attach the watch band that's towards you when you're wearing the watch. Convenient and thoughtful place to put it, because it's not kinda blasting some very tinny sounding audio right at your face or from somewhere that is easily covered to muffle the sound.

The weird part is there's another little slit in the same place on the opposite side... but no sound seemed to play out of that one. I'd say maybe that's the mic... but it seems more likely that the mic is the tiny pinhole opposite the side button.

no avatar
infinitiplayaz

Post by infinitiplayaz » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:27 am

any fix on this issue? my speaker is not working as well :-(