Ticwatch E battery life

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
scxintillate
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch E battery life

Post by scxintillate » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:55 pm

My Ticwatch E battery drains alarmingly fast - I can barely make it through half a day, with minimal usage.

Bluetooth and WiFi are on, as well as the always-on screen. However, my Samsung gear S3 makes it to the end of the day with 60% battery using the same settings.

Anyone else having the same issues?

no avatar
rainingdogs

Re: Ticwatch E battery life

Post by rainingdogs » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:09 am

same here. the 48hours specs is probably with the watch hibernating all the time?

no avatar
cyberbeast

Post by cyberbeast » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:29 pm

Yupp, even I'm having battery issues with my Ticwatch S. The battery performance is disappointing at best. Over night my watch's battery drained from 100% to 13%. Other than sleeping and occasional notification checking twice through the night, I didn't use my watch or do anything with it.

no avatar
emohawk9000

Post by emohawk9000 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Yesterday, I took my watch off the charger at 7am. Fairly minimal use throughout the day. By 9pm that night, I was down to 10%. But, to be honest, I don't know that I remember a promise of 48 hour battery life. I was expecting to charge this every day like my phone. Still, this means that if I go out at night, my watch is guaranteed to die before I get home, so that's a concern.

(By comparison, I took my watch off the charger this morning at 7am and now, 6 1/2 hours later, I'm down to 52%. Yesterday, I know I still had 47% power at 2:30pm.)

no avatar
samfong
Mobvoi Team

Post by samfong » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:25 am

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that you've been experience battery life issues with your watch. If you meet abnormal battery capacity, like a sudden drop or short battery life, please be assured that it is not an issue with the quality of the watch.

I suggest using the watch until the battery is empty, then charge it up to full, and repeat this over 1-3 discharge and charge cycles. The battery capacity should improve.

Happy to help if you have any other questions!

no avatar
Smartwatchlover

Post by Smartwatchlover » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Having both Bluetooth and WiFi on at the same time doesn't make sense and will drain your watch's battery like crazy. The only time your watch should have WiFi on is if you are leaving your cellphone at home and you need the WiFi on so you won't miss notifications like Gmail and sms.

no avatar
jessicaaagirl

Post by jessicaaagirl » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:38 pm

I have emptied the battery and fully charged it for 4-5 cycles, however, the battery capacity doesn't improve. I fully charged it before i went to bed but the next day morning, the battery was completely drained and the alarm didn't work since the watch was already out of battery. I think now the battery life is less than 6 hours. Could the support team help with this issue?

no avatar
rockjonny

Post by rockjonny » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:31 am

I only ever let it die all the way (doesn't take much) and then charge it all the way back up again.

when I first got the watch the battery lasted a good day and a half or so, with decent use.

Now it lasts 12 or so hours max whether I use it or not. This seems to have happened all in about the last week. Kind of pointless if it can barely make it through a work day without having to recharge

no avatar
rockjonny

Post by rockjonny » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:14 am

rockjonny wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:31 am
I only ever let it die all the way (doesn't take much) and then charge it all the way back up again.

when I first got the watch the battery lasted a good day and a half or so, with decent use.

Now it lasts 12 or so hours max whether I use it or not. This seems to have happened all in about the last week. Kind of pointless if it can barely make it through a work day without having to recharge
I take it all back!

I think I fixed the issue by deleting Facer (the watch face app).

Battery seems to be doing much better with just single-face apps (not only the standard Ticwatch ones).

no avatar
bugi74

Post by bugi74 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:02 pm

I think I read somewhere that one of those multi-face apps can also be better for the battery life, if a suitable face is chosen. Might just need quite a bit of (slow) trial and error. Haven't tried myself, yet, since the default one I ended up (accidentally) swithing to seems to just fine.