no avatar
rochefort
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Kickstarter Shipping Status Update

Post by rochefort » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:36 am

samfong wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:51 am
Hey DiggeR,

I have some news that can help clarify this issue. The last thing we want to do is lie and mislead you guys. For most countries, we actually shipped the watches out on 16th Nov as promised. However, after being dropped off at the DHL warehouse on Monday, they've been waiting to be processed and in the queue to be flown over. We are doing the best we can by calling DHL around the clock to make sure that the watches get on the plane ASAP. We hope this clears things up. Will be posting this in our weekly update to alert all our backers!
Really? So DHL took possession of a large quantity of watches, and didn't scan them in to their own system?

I find this hard to believe.

no avatar
gmincca

Post by gmincca » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:58 am

Finally my package arrived at GLS in Germany and was shipped out yesterday. I expected to see a trail of updates telling me how it was progressing, after all that's what tracking data is for isn't it?!
Nothing since. I don't know where it is or when I'm likely to receive it.
This is wholly useless.

Both Kickstarter and Mobvoi have shot themselves in the foot - no more for me. Totally p'd off. If this is what to expect from Mobvoi then I've probably bought junk too.

You live and learn!

no avatar
skinbis

Post by skinbis » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:04 am

samfong wrote:
DiggeR wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:36 am
That's all fine and dandy, but there's no point telling us that our watches are waiting in a queue for a plane when they haven't been given to the company who's going to put them on a plane in the first place. Telling us "End of week/next week" isn't going to happen if they haven't been given to the shipping partner at all. Why lie about it?

This is not my first kickstarter, or indiegogo. I've lost out on a few over the years and normally would agree with you but in all honesty there's a difference between MIA Updates and Updates that are blatantly misleading
Hey DiggeR,

I have some news that can help clarify this issue. The last thing we want to do is lie and mislead you guys. For most countries, we actually shipped the watches out on 16th Nov as promised. However, after being dropped off at the DHL warehouse on Monday, they've been waiting to be processed and in the queue to be flown over. We are doing the best we can by calling DHL around the clock to make sure that the watches get on the plane ASAP. We hope this clears things up. Will be posting this in our weekly update to alert all our backers!
this is some BS explanation. Why can't you simply tell the truth that you have not sent out our packages to the delivery service yet and all you have done is reserve the shipping slots. Because I don't understand how it is taking a week for the watch that you have supposedly sent out to DHL to get on the plane.

Guess what, DHL says they have not received my package from you guys. So really, who is lying here? This is so DISAPPOINTING.

no avatar
AndyDaws

Post by AndyDaws » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:33 pm

samfong wrote:
DiggeR wrote:
That's all fine and dandy, but there's no point telling us that our watches are waiting in a queue for a plane when they haven't been given to the company who's going to put them on a plane in the first place. Telling us "End of week/next week" isn't going to happen if they haven't been given to the shipping partner at all. Why lie about it?

This is not my first kickstarter, or indiegogo. I've lost out on a few over the years and normally would agree with you but in all honesty there's a difference between MIA Updates and Updates that are blatantly misleading
Hey DiggeR,

Thank you samfong that is a better more informative post of what is REALLY happening over some I have seen such as "Don't Worry!". Might not help me and some others where it wasn't even supposed to be shipped via DHL had two watches ordered one for my son one for me his is being sent using the other shipper (Not that he has yet either but coming it seems) mine didn't

I think getting people to email details after payment was a bit of a mistake to learn from as human error is definitely going to creep in there should have all been done online

For people reading apparently sometimes if tax is needed DHL will hold in local depot until you pay online so you need to keep looking at the DHL site. Other times they will take payment at the door then claim back. I'm hoping that as I've paid up front neither of those options occur but at the moment I will be glad just to see it

no avatar
Bang

Post by Bang » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:09 pm

So the lastest Kickstarter update is out and now the black friday is the reason why nothing is happening.

This is full of bullshit. My parcel should have been on the way since last week, at least the label was then printed. Nothing happened, and boy DHL scans everytime someone picks a parcel.

So, once again BULLSHIT!

If you handed out the parcels last week, as promised, the black friday wouldn't have been an issue at all. Now it sure IS a problem - your problem.

Stop lying to us get your shit done - now!

no avatar
wengel

Post by wengel » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Now we are at:

— Canada

We have managed to secure 2 flights this weekend for your watches to be flown over. The two batches should arrive in Canada, go through clearance, and reach Canada post by mid-week next week if everything goes well.

This is from Mobvoi themselves and directly contradicts update 18. So don't hold your breath, who knows when they will really ship.

no avatar
wengel

Post by wengel » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:28 pm

"For most countries, we actually shipped the watches out on 16th Nov as promised.'

I don't think most is accurate, From update 19:

— USA

The remaining US rewards have all been scanned and picked up. We are very lucky to have them finally picked up this afternoon! To see the latest status of your parcel, please refer to your tracking codes.

— Australia and New Zealand

Your rewards are expected to be scanned and picked up by DHL soon. If we are lucky, they will be on a flight this weekend. We are already calling DHL 3 times a day to push for the earliest pick up possible. Once on the plane, your tracking code will reflect all the latest updates.

— Canada

We have managed to secure 2 flights this weekend for your watches to be flown over. The two batches should arrive in Canada, go through clearance, and reach Canada post by mid-week next week if everything goes well.

— India As mentioned in a previous update, the Indian Customs has issued a new policy that electronic devices cannot be imported via the direct line we planned to use. In order to lower handling fee and VAT, we are trying a new direct line that only does pick ups every Saturday.

Meanwhile we are also trying new shipping method to see whether we can send them over in small batches. We will continuously try different ways to send them over but if none of these work, we are afraid that we have to choose DHL which backers will be paying for full handling fee and VAT themselves.

— Europe

Rewards have arrived in the Poland warehouse early last week. They are currently being repackaged and sent out, and some of our backers have already received them! Please refer to tracking codes for the newest updates.

— Other countries

Your parcels have been in the DHL warehouse in Hong Kong awaiting processing and pick up. After our calls with DHL, we are pushing for a pick up this weekend.

no avatar
DiggeR

Post by DiggeR » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:31 pm

samfong wrote:
DiggeR wrote:

Hey DiggeR,

Hi Samfong,

That's fine and all but the issue is people are calling DHL and DHL are saying they hadn't received it from you. Yet you're saying DHL have it. That is the issue for people. It leaves a bad taste in their mouths. That and when you add the Amazon/AliExpress debacle on top you get people calling foul on all sorts of things and instead of getting in front of it and saying "Yes we did that, no it's not from backer stocks" the comments section was let run wild with theories. Backers should have come first, although I understand wanting to get in on Black Friday as well.
AndyDaws wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:33 pm
Thank you samfong that is a better more informative post of what is REALLY happening over some I have seen such as "Don't Worry!". Might not help me and some others where it wasn't even supposed to be shipped via DHL had two watches ordered one for my son one for me his is being sent using the other shipper (Not that he has yet either but coming it seems) mine didn't

I think getting people to email details after payment was a bit of a mistake to learn from as human error is definitely going to creep in there should have all been done online

For people reading apparently sometimes if tax is needed DHL will hold in local depot until you pay online so you need to keep looking at the DHL site. Other times they will take payment at the door then claim back. I'm hoping that as I've paid up front neither of those options occur but at the moment I will be glad just to see it
AndyDaws - Yeah that's not how that works in this case that I'm talking about. If DHL hold it they will actually tell you they have it, in this case they told people they had not even received it yet. Different scenario.

no avatar
Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:11 am

Hi
I backed the campaign, backer number 8027, can you please update me as to where the watches are, when I'll receive them and why purchases from Amazon and AliExpress are being delivered prior to backers.

no avatar

Post by 199724 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:39 am

I really really want my money back!
What you did with Amazon was NOT acceptable..
Now to add insult to injury I get a fat invoice for customs while the products have not even shipped yet!
You are not being honest and open. I read greed and fails and you definitely abused us Kickstarter backers.

I do not want these watches and I will very clearly express my views on the web if I do. You are a terrible company and I only phrase it like this because of forum guidelines...