Google Assistant No Voice Feedback?

Moderators: markrocha, GordonHannan

no avatar
benz76

Re: Google Assistant No Voice Feedback?

Post by benz76 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Same here. Ok Google detection seem is not working. Pls official confirm this matter. Thnks

no avatar
autumnscooby

Post by autumnscooby » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:22 pm

I also just received my Ticwatch E and love Google Assistant. I was really hoping it would give voice feedback when asking simple things. I have it set up for English and still it will not speak back to me. I really hope that they enable voice feedback on this watch asap!

If anyone has found a way to make it talk back to you please reply!

Thanks!

no avatar
Ranveer

Post by Ranveer » Fri May 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Google has rolled out six new voices for its smart Assistant feature. Users can now change Google Assistant voice for better user experience.

no avatar
AndresinDLP

Post by AndresinDLP » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:48 pm

I swear that Google Assitant speaks on my TIcwatch E.
This morning it didn't speak, when I came home I charged it, asked a question and it spoke!
It also spoke before updating to Oreo, but when I updated it(it took like 7h to download the update) stopped for some reason.
I didn't do anything I just charged it.

no avatar
usid

Post by usid » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:22 pm

I just bought the TicWatch Pro and even after updating all my apps and OS the Google Assistant doesn't talk back to me

no avatar
besweat

Post by besweat » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:51 am

Hi Everyone

I'm joining the feedback. Just got my Ticwatch E this month, December 2018. Google Assistant WAS working beautifully; I spoke, she responded with voice until...I did the latest Wear OS update. Now, she listens but her response is mute; that is to say, the answer I'm looking for appears on the screen, but without any voice response. I confirmed that my Media Volume is turned up.

"OK Google" detection works fine too.

Have any of you received a solution to this yet?

Brian

no avatar
besweat

Post by besweat » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:30 am

Hi everyone,

Just an update, yesterday, the audible Google Assistant voice started working again for my Ticwatch E when I connected to a different Wi-Fi. It also continues to work when I'm not connected to the Wi-Fi. For example, it works even when I'm in the car, far away from any Wi-Fi connection. Therefore, it's not limited to a Wi-Fi connection as someone previously mentioned to me.

Perhaps it was the action of switching Wi-Fi connections that jump started it? At the time, I had also begun using the stock watch Media Controls app to control a podcast I was listening to on my Stitcher mobile app. Anyway, it's still quite a mystery to me, but I'm now a very happy Ticwatch E owner!

Regards
Brian S