no avatar
samfong
Mobvoi Team
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch S & E battery life

Post by samfong » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:00 am

Hi everyone!

Thank you for purchasing Ticwatch S & E

We are sorry to hear that you've been experience battery life issues with your watch. If you meet abnormal battery capacity, like a sudden drop or short battery life, please be assured that it is not an issue with the quality of the watch.

We advise that you use the watch until the battery is empty, then charge it up to full, and repeat this over 1-3 discharge and charge cycles - the battery capacity should improve.

If you have any doubts while using your watch, please feel free to contact our support team on the Mobvoi Official website. Thanks again for your support! Have a great day :)

Best,
The Mobvoi Team

no avatar
philyong

Post by philyong » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:49 am

Hi @samfong, is this the only solution? I've tried doing that but doesn't seem to help. Battery life is really bad for my Ticwatch S.

Mobvoi
Site Admin

Post by Mobvoi » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:01 am

philyong wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:49 am
Hi @samfong, is this the only solution? I've tried doing that but doesn't seem to help. Battery life is really bad for my Ticwatch S.
Hey, I suggest monitoring the battery life over a few more charge cycles. Do keep us updated! If the problem persists, I will refer the issue to our engineers :)

no avatar
vlnvedala

Post by vlnvedala » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi Samfong,
This is my third day of using ticwatch S. Starting day one the battery has been consistently draining off in 12 hours. I had my WiFi off, location off, display off, all apps closed, using a black watch face. There were hardly any notifications as the connection between Iphone and the watch just keeps going off. It’s happens in the night when the usage is almost nothing as well as in the day where the usage is high compared to night. I let the battery drain to zero four times. I still don’t see any improvement in the battery life. Any thoughts? I pair d the watch with IPhone 6 Plus and iOS 11. It is definitely testing my patience.

no avatar
jlariviere

Post by jlariviere » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:17 pm

I've tried the solution of fully charging & draining, and it has Not helped.
If I have the screen turned off, I'm lucky to get 6 hours of usage.

no avatar
dothedyu

Post by dothedyu » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Chiming in as well. I also am having these issues. I charged to 100% from 0% and then left it on my nightstand overnight. I woke up to a battery life of 85%. Bluetooth was on. I could try turning everything off, but having to constantly turn bluetooth connection off kind of defeats the purpose of a smartwatch.
Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

no avatar
dudukueh

Post by dudukueh » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:51 pm

My ticwatch E battery is working fine, after 8hrs about 50% was gone considering i did workout for some time and had my spotify on. That feels pretty alright to me🤔

no avatar
Edwin

Post by Edwin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:39 am

Can i request that the ticwatch team also look into thr sensitivity of waking up the watch to look at the time? Quite a lot of people are facing issue with the long wait or non-responsiveness of it.

no avatar
soopermark

Post by soopermark » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:47 am

The battery issue update has some very misleading facts:
1. Who do you source your lion batteries from? I've never seen any lithium battery manufacturer recommend or require priming of their batteries. I believe you have lithium based batteries confused with NiMH ones. LITHIUM ION BATTERIES DO NOT REQUIRE INITIAL FULL CHARGE CYCLES TO GAIN MAX CAPACITY, as a matter of fact, the capacity curve goes down as soon as you start using it and start accumulating charge cycles. Please do not shy away from defective/overstated battery life and provide a better solution as this is false advertising.
2. If the batteries don't last a day, do you offer refunds? Specs state 1.5 - 2 days of mixed use. People are reporting as low as 4 hours- that is nuts??
Please respond or I will be filing a dispute with my CC company.

no avatar
Smartwatchlover

Post by Smartwatchlover » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:19 pm

For me, poor battery life is a deal killer. I need an Android smartwatch to last me one day (7:00 am until 10:00 pm) before recharging at night. I would use the smartwatch for notifications, reply to Gmail and Kijiji, display always on, accept some phone calls, etc.

It appears the Ticwatch E's battery doesn't meet the advertised specifications. Not good.