Re: Ticwatch S & E battery life

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
mbibbey
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by mbibbey » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:13 pm

I am also having battery issues. I have cycled the battery about six times now and haven't seen improvement. I am getting about 10 hours of life on my E.

no avatar
JFiay

Post by JFiay » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:50 pm

I'd also like to voice my disappointment with the battery life on my Ticwatch E. I can barely get through a day with minimal notifications and only occasionally checking the time (which is sometimes very unresponsive, as Edwin pointed out previously). Hopefully there will be a software update soon that fixes this! Otherwise an excellent job with the watch Mobvoi :)

no avatar
Parkourbrad

Post by Parkourbrad » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:34 pm

Received my E today out of the box was saying 100% after updating, installing apps etc, it dropped to empty within an hour. Have done the first full charge (from drained) and have been up for around 6 or so hours with29% remaining so seems to be improving.

Can anyone confirm that the multiple drains/charges works?

no avatar
shahsaifi

Post by shahsaifi » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:22 am

Same here, tried multiple draining / full charge with Ticwach E. It doesn't last even 4 hours with Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Kept disabled display always-on with wrist gesture which doesn't help either. Also, raised support email request but Mobvoi seems least interested in responding. This is what you get after backing a project, I would need refund if you don't have a fix soon.

no avatar
michalkraus

Post by michalkraus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:50 am

Am I Just lucky?

Ticwatch S.
Running on AW 2.6. Display always on. BT, WIFI enabled.
On Sunday - watches unplugged at 8.00 , from 10.00 to 10.30 joging with gps and heart beat on.
In the afternoon 4h walk with GPS, HB on.
Few notifications, few changes of face and playning wit various settings.
In the evening 20.00 on 40% of battery.

Almost the same result on the watches of my wife.

For me the battery life is not the isssue. The only think I want right now is more customizable watch faces.

no avatar
Slugsie

Post by Slugsie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:44 am

I'm only on day 2 of my S, but I'm now nearly 5 hours after a full charge and it's showing 85% battery. So based on that a solid 24 hours should be easily achievable. With my '2' the initial battery life was dreadful, but after a couple of charges I was getting a day and a half on average. I put it down to the watch having to calibrate how it reads the battery, so a couple of full cycles were needed to get it just right.

no avatar
Bklynlad

Post by Bklynlad » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:52 pm

Had the watch for about a week now. And there is definitely a battery drain issue. No matter how much I turn off or limit on the watch, (no wifi, limited notifications, lowest brightness setting, tilt to wake off, etc.), almost killing the functionality of the watch, I still only get 12 hours of use. Whether the watch is on my wrist during the day, or at night sitting quietly on my nightstand, it is always just 12 hours or less. I even tried the 1-3 day full charge cycle to let the battery run down from 100% to 0% several times as suggested by Mobvoi. Still no improvement. I truly like the watch itself, but I am starting to think there is a real problem here. Because if we are only getting 12 hrs or less now, batteries during their charging cycle do not get any stronger. The watch may be dead in a few months.
Can I get by on 12 hours of use a day...yes! Is that what I expected when the company states 1.5 to 2 days use between charges....no!
Even my older first generation Moto360, which was a power hog, gave me a solid 20 to 24 hours of daily use.
I am not yelling for a refund or looking to cause a problem. Would just like some sort of fix, if that exists?

no avatar
BrandonM

Post by BrandonM » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:24 am

To start i will say I really think these watches are great however the battery issue is a problem.

So after testing the watches for almost a week. I am struggling to believe the information we have been given regarding the batteries is true. I believe there were a bad batch of batteries. I bought two tic watch e's one for myself and one for my spouse.

My wife's watch works flawlessly and the battery lasts over 24 hours no problem. My watch struggles to get 9 hours. I tested both by putting them side by side with the same settings. (Wifi,bluetooth,tilt to wake). My watch requires two to three charge cycles in a day, compared to one charge cycle on my wifes.

I really hope someone from Mobvoi reaches out to help the users affected by the bad batch of batteries, because really these watches are great and my wife loves hers...I on the other hand have to carry the extra charging cable in my pocket to charge it at my desk throughout the day....not so fun...

no avatar
DiggeR

Post by DiggeR » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:57 am

I received mine at 100% around 4:15pm and some point after I went to bed (midnight) it was flat. That includes all setup and mucking with it.
Charged to full the next day from 10:30am and I can say a full 28.5hrs on it's still going (currently at 10%).

So will see how if it improves from another full charge cycle. Might even set a tasker to turn off Wifi when I'm asleep as I don't think I need those notifications

no avatar
filister

Post by filister » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:54 am

The battery life of my watch is also terrible. This watch doesn't seem like a final product, it just feels like an early prototype. There is so much wrong about it and about the Mobvoi stupid forum rules. I have posted two threads the other day, which never appeared on their forum, probably because of their internal censorship. This is really frustrating and unacceptable!!!

SHAME ON YOU MOBVOI!!!