Re: Ticwatch S & E battery life

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Furrball
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by Furrball » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:53 pm

Whilst there seems to have been a considerable improvement over what I was initially getting (now managed 16 hours) it still falls well short of the 1.5 to 2 days of usage indicated by Mobvoi - and only with WiFi disabled, always on screen disabled and limited usage

As others have posted some seem to be getting the expected lifespan from the battery.

The device passes the test suggested on the Mobvoi site regarding airplane mode however this is not real world. I would like to know what recourse there is to obtain a device which functions as sold.

no avatar
Spider210

Post by Spider210 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:57 am

I got the S from Kickstarter, I've had mine for about 10 days now, notice I put watch on by 8am at the latest and need to charge it by 6pm. Today I noticed the watch turned off at about 20% battery without any given warning.

This is frustrating as I like the watch other than the band seems like it will not last long as its cheaply made.

no avatar
Harbey

Post by Harbey » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:03 am

My battery has certainly improved since I got it. Received the watch on Monday and it lasted a couple of hours on the charge it had (pretty heavy use to be fair). Charged to 100% and next day lasted until about 6pm with light use (screen off, WiFi and Bluetooth on). Next day got me through to about 10pm, same usage. Following day it was on about 20% still when I went to bed. Yesterday, I tried having the display on all day and it made it through the day with about 20% left by bedtime. I can probably live with that, but due to injury, I'm yet to take it out for a run with Strava tracking and listening to music - that will be the test (and is why I bought the watch).

no avatar
André

Post by André » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:05 pm

Got my Ticwatch S a few days ago, or I'm in my third day of use. Watch work great. I have never drained it completley, but down to 5% and 10% before recharge. The battery in % are between 10-30% after 24 hours of moderate usage. I have GPS, WiFi, BT and screen allways on. I have not tested workout or Google music yet. But as soon as you take the full advantage of the Watch, the battery will NOT last longer than 12 hours or less. Do not drain the battery, that's my opinion. Lithium does not like that, and the livespan of the battery will drasticly lower.

I have been workin night, and my last recharge @ 100% was 02.30 night. time now is 04:00 pm and battery % is at 58%. But I noticed that in the first hour after 100% recharge, the battery lost around 5%. but after that is slowly draining as normal.

Today, I'm going to test Google Maps and Music, to see if the battery will last a normal day of usage.

no avatar
Svashtar

Post by Svashtar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Ok, so it seems I am another one with battery problem. I also own Huawei Watch so I can compare them. Battery on to watch S lasts around 12h at best, not doing much. Today I test it outside with Fitness app and Outdoor Walk activity. I've been out for 3-4 hours and came home with less than 30%....starting with unplugging it, meaning 100%.

From sports watch I would expect MUCH better performance then this. I can't imagine how I could go to a more serious walking tour where 8-10h is normal. Simply not possible I guess. I can go running for an hour or two, but anything longer? I don't know.

Another very annoying thing is, and I am kindly asking you or just giving in some tip, that Fitness app automatically stops activity after few seconds of inactivity. Which is ok in general, but we need an option to disable it. The most annoying thing about it is that it notified you with a vibration which drains battery even more than needed at the situation we already have with battery.

So jus a tip, please give us option to disable that. Sometimes I just don't want to auto pause. If this option exists and I can't find it, I am sorry to mention it, but lease let me know where it is.

And one last thing. Except for your reply to some guy about a posts moderation, you haven't replied to any of the actual battery issues.

Let us know how you are going to approach this, what is the plan and do you have any indication on the causes.

I love the watch overally, but battery is just the most critical thing in such a device and I just don't want this to be another failed kickstarter project taking peoples money and some pile of lies.

I will never put my watch in airplane mode just to make it last longer, where the specification says 1,5 days and it actually lasts less then half. If you can manage to make last 24h, that's something we can live with. Keep in mind this is Sport watch, so GPS included for at least 2h daily.

Thx

no avatar
minds

Post by minds » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:49 pm

I have tickwatch E and can confirm the hypothesis of dgrant1023, wifi is certainly a cause of battery drain. Mobvoi's developer check this issue please.

Regards.

Minds.

no avatar
JFeit

Post by JFeit » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:40 am

I tried the cycle for the battery 5 times, but with no change... what should I do?

no avatar
yglee

Post by yglee » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:01 am

Add me to the list of people with horrible battery life with Ticwatch E. I get max 12 hours with minimal notifications and wifi off. Not to mention the watch doesn't wake up more than half the time when I flick or raise my wrist to see time. Mobvoi FAIL!

no avatar
theprofessorodk_

Post by theprofessorodk_ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:54 am

Guys and girls, i've noticed a big difference between charging to 100% or charging overnight.
A charge overnight gives me +30 hrs of usage.

no avatar
phoeniks

Post by phoeniks » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:24 am

Sadly, I must confirm battery issues with my new Ticwatch E as well. I am using Tickwatch 2 and Tickwatch E right now, Settings is almost the same and on Tickwatch E I have currently 81% while Tickwatch 2 shows me 91% after 3,5 hour of light use. Usually my Tickwatch 2 can last 1.5 day without any problems. And there was no need for recommended recharging cycles with Tickwatch 2. Tickwatch E battery life is a huge disappointment. :o