Re: Ticwatch S & E battery life

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
dinorb
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by dinorb » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:30 am

My Ticwatch S lasts half day , in standby mode, with "OK Google" switched off . Bluetooth and Wifi are ON. I dont want to switch Bluetooth OFF because it defeats the whole purpose of a Smartwatch!

Very disappointed !!! Are there any refund options ?

no avatar
rdunne

Post by rdunne » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:55 am

My watch is 10 days old now and I cant get it to last the day..

DO WE HAVE ANY UPDATES?

no avatar
risimmons

Post by risimmons » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:07 am

There is hope! After a little over a week of pretty awful battery life, yesterday it got through to the end of the day of fairly normal usage with 25% battery left. This is with wifi on, display permanently on (I use Watchmaker and have a fairly minimal and dim "sleep" screen, though it still has watch min/hour hands, temperature, Fit activity time, date, agenda and watch battery %)

Not really sure what changed to make it suddenly work much better. I did turn off a couple of things on my phone (like BT audio connection to the watch), and I did make sure to run the battery to dead before recharging.

Anyway - if it can keep going like this then I'm much happier with the watch! I've generally had positive comments on what it looks like and it is comfortable to wear. There's a few annoyances (why does the "sleep" screen move a couple of pixels every minute? How can I get Google Fit to take regular heartrate measurements throughout the day? Why is there no ambient light sensor to adaptively dim the screen?)

no avatar
Harbey

Post by Harbey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:45 pm

I'm afraid the moderation of this board taking such a long time is making it pretty useless. No new posts appearing for three days is not very good I'm afraid.

no avatar
S4vant

Post by S4vant » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 pm

I might be one of the lucky ones, but I've been getting pretty good battery life on S model. Took it off the charger yesterday morning, and got about 36 hours out of it. Wifi and bluetooth are on. Active screen is off. OK Google detection is ON. Paired to a Samsung Note 4.

no avatar
Svashtar

Post by Svashtar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:22 am

I am more and more leaning toward thinking the cause of the battery problem is actually the sotware, be it system or mobvoi.
Despite the fact it defies all logic and purpose of the smart watch, and despite the fact I said previosly i will never put a watch in airplne mode - i did just that - to test it out. And results are amazing. Watch being in airplane mode drained the battery for 4-5% in 10h! That is great.

So, is it hte wifi? IS it bluetooth? I don't know. But the fact is, if watch is in airplane mode i get much better battery - which is understandable and normal, as it doesn't do anything special in that time.

But this proves in some way that there must be a software issue. I think battery is actually OK, but there is something draining it beyond normal. If I wouldn't have another watch in my disposal (Huuawei watch) i would believe it is just battery as the core of the issue. But I can say for sure, if i compare the watches in airplane mode (same draining) and normal operating mode (huawei easily 1 day+, ticwatch S hardly 12h) it clearly shows something is going wrong on the software layer here.

This is actually very disturbing from a point of view that the watch was tested by Google itself - and they didn't notice anything special? Maybe Google tested it without a Mobvoi software installed? This would indicate that Mobvoi's software is doing some glitch.

Anyways, Mobvoi, please address this issue and let us know what you are preparing as the answer to the battery issues.

One more thing I almost forgot - chargers.... Why did Mobvoi not provide an official charger? Only the charging cable.... This could be another source of the problem - people using wrong chargers as not every charger is OK for sapecific device.

I am not sure right now, but does the little pamflet inside the box we received actually tells what kind of chargers are supported or at least recommended for the Ticwatch? If anyone knows, please let me know.

BR

no avatar
phoeniks

Post by phoeniks » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:59 am

hmmm, I have both - E and S model and ticwatch 2. Yesterday my TW2 had 40% at the end of the day and my TW-E depleted. Today I am testing TW-S. Suprisingly enough, it seem much better in coparison with TW-E. It has been 3 hours, my TW2 is on 90% and my TW-S also 90%. Seems to me the problem is mainly with TW-E. I will keep you posted as I test these toys :)

no avatar
phoeniks

Post by phoeniks » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:41 pm

hmmm, it seems the problem with the battery starts with Android Wear update on my Ticwatch S. Look at this:

07:00 - fully charged, factory restart, after 5,5 hours 80 % left, normal use (some notifications, some voice search), NO Android Wear update (waiting), no wifi only BT

- 11:30 - update Android Wear (20 MB) in the watch
- now is 13:30 and I am down on 63% So it went down 8,5 % per hour after update while before update it was only around 4 % per hour.

I will test this theory on my second watch (Ticwatch E)

no avatar
samh83

Post by samh83 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:23 pm

I have an idea which might get Mobvoi to realise the problem.

Anyone with poor battery life do this:
- charge your phone to max or near max
- turn off ambient mode
- turn off wifi
- In your Android wear app, look at your Ticwatch battery - it normally estimates the remaining battery life.
- Upload a screen shot.

If everyone who reports poor battery life does this and it shows that everyone's battery life fluctuates/ is different, it would signal a problem with the battery quality. Mine currently says 9 hours approx battery life left, on 96% charge.
Attachments
Screenshot_20171205-141646.jpg
Screenshot_20171205-141646.jpg (105.36 KiB) Viewed 6301 times

no avatar
supermario

Post by supermario » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:05 pm

same here, two watches , one E and one S. less then 8h on default settings. this is frustrating. can we get some answers Mobvoi?? please...