Re: Ticwatch S & E battery life

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
javierv
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by javierv » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:43 pm

My battery life was VERY VERY bad when I received the watch. Only apps I have installed is a watchface and spotify. Only use it for notifications.
But after fully discharging and charging to a 100% for about 3 or 4 times, I can confirm battery life is MUCH MUCH better.

no avatar
Bang

Post by Bang » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:40 pm

So, I have my Ticwatch S for nearly a week now and have quite poor battery life aswell.

Yesterday was the worst of all days. Guess it was because I was doing some exercises for an hour and so the watch has had a lot to track.

Currently I am at 49% of battery. Have taken it off the charger at 6:50 a.m. beeing now at 2:39 p.m. That makes 6 hours on 50%.
BT, WiFi is on. Display is off. OK google is off.

Bang!

no avatar
Dr.dharmik

Post by Dr.dharmik » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Ticwatch e battery life sucks
My experience
On heavy usage 1 hours
Moderate usage 2 hours
Stand by 4-5 hours

Only 3 solutions for mobvoi
Refund
Replacement
Or send the another ok tested battery to all customers

no avatar
mbibbey

Post by mbibbey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:56 pm

I have been testing different scenarios at night recently and have come to the conclusion that the bluetooth connection is the biggest battery drain. I turned off wifi completely several days ago after seeing so many suggestions here. I didn't notice any significant change in performance with wifi off. I have tried with the screen always on and off and haven't seen much change in battery degradation (maybe 5% over an 8 hour night). I do see great battery life when I put it in flight mode. I only see about 10-12% loss over an 8 hour night. When I leave flight mode off, I see about 80% loss over an 8 hour night.

Is there any bluetooth tuning or optimization we can do?

no avatar
Harbey

Post by Harbey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:18 pm

Once again - too much delay regarding moderation, but as there's nowhere else to post...

I was starting to get faith back in my S model following a few days of making it easily through the day without a charge. Today however, with WiFi off, I'm down to 10% and it's only 9pm.

Still not taken it out for a run with Strava / GPS turned on whilst listening to music (I'm injured), but I am very worried about how the battery will perform on a 2hour run using all the functionality which I ought the watch for. Has anyone else used it for this type of activity much?

And finally, has anyone returned their watch yet? I'm in the UK so it'll be a pain I imagine, but I'd like to know if anyone else has gone own this route yet?

no avatar
Makkos

Post by Makkos » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:11 am

Join the Google+ Community I made!

There we can share more experience with our watches! Even create more complex posts to ask a Community!

JOIN! :D :)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 1554811312

no avatar
waradith

Post by waradith » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:08 am

After Ticwatch S usage for 7 days, which I bought to my girlfriend. She always say the battery life is too short to be used in the real life. It can be existing less than 4 hours. Please support and find solution on this. Please don't leave us. :cry:

no avatar
lumulumu

Post by lumulumu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:20 am

Hi,

the battery is a nightmare. I have completed multiple chargingy cycles. Today I unplugged the watch at from the charger after 12h charging with 100% battery at 8am. Now it is 10:15am I am at 70% battery and I haven't done a thing to the watch. No calls, nothing.

On a average day the watch has battery from 8am to 5pm. Which is not sufficient at all. This makes it more or less useless as I have to carry either two watches or recharge mid day.

Are there any suggestions how to improve battery?

Best Manuel

no avatar
lumulumu

Post by lumulumu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:35 am

Mobvoi wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:01 am
philyong wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:49 am
Hi @samfong, is this the only solution? I've tried doing that but doesn't seem to help. Battery life is really bad for my Ticwatch S.
Hey, I suggest monitoring the battery life over a few more charge cycles. Do keep us updated! If the problem persists, I will refer the issue to our engineers :)
Ok I want to keep you updated that my battery has been discharged to 0% and charged to 100% more multiple times. Still one full charged battery last less then 24h even with light usage. I never made one full working day! :oops:

no avatar
Thomas Hartig

Post by Thomas Hartig » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:33 am

Hi to All,
I have improved my not acceptable battery time from approximately 9h to around 32h by deactivating google fit ( step counter drained a lot of battery ) and mobvoi health. I don't need steptracking. Additionally I installed a watchmaker watchface which is battery friendly ( Around OPR 8.9% in active mode and around 2.6% in dimming mode). Bluetooth on and wifi on demand. Normal use and flightmode over 8h sleeping time.
Greetz Thomas