Re: Ticwatch S & E battery life

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
ryoji
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by ryoji » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:17 pm

Battery problem solved. Especially, I do not do anything and seems to solve about a week's time. wifi is not on, but all other functions are on, it consumes 4-5% in one hour.

androidForever

Post by androidForever » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:54 am

I have also to confirm what other users noticed: The battery life improves over time! Strange, but it really does.

no avatar
Juanjo

Post by Juanjo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:48 pm

Svashtar wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:17 pm
Ok, so it seems I am another one with battery problem. I also own Huawei Watch so I can compare them. Battery on to watch S lasts around 12h at best, not doing much. Today I test it outside with Fitness app and Outdoor Walk activity. I've been out for 3-4 hours and came home with less than 30%....starting with unplugging it, meaning 100%.

From sports watch I would expect MUCH better performance then this. I can't imagine how I could go to a more serious walking tour where 8-10h is normal. Simply not possible I guess. I can go running for an hour or two, but anything longer? I don't know.

I've been getting better battery life. Yesterday I went for a 8 hour hike with 100% and came back to the car with 15% I was in "Outdoor Walk" in Fitness app.
Svashtar wrote: Another very annoying thing is, and I am kindly asking you or just giving in some tip, that Fitness app automatically stops activity after few seconds of inactivity. Which is ok in general, but we need an option to disable it. The most annoying thing about it is that it notified you with a vibration which drains battery even more than needed at the situation we already have with battery.

That's the very same problem I had. Since I was in a high altitude hike I was walking about 2Km/h and the Fitness App was "Auto Pausing" and "Auto Resuming" a lot when I was walking. I was recording the activity with another iPhone App (Maps 3D Pro) and it recorded 7 Hours walk againts the 5 hours walk Fitness App recorded. My total time was 8 hour with 1 hour of resting time which Maps 3D got it right but Fitness App lost 2 hours of walk between Auto Pausing and Auto Resuming and draining battery with the constant vibrations.

Another improvment to Outdoor Walk and maybe Cycling would be to record altitude and total incline/decline.

Thanks

no avatar
Bang

Post by Bang » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:54 pm

What I found out so far is that the Watchface makes a huge difference.

I switched to Facer and a rather simple Watchface, but with two complications. Right now my Ticwatch S is doing gret. 65% left after 9.5h of displaying notifications, vibrating, etc. GPS is off, WiFi and BT on! Aöways on display is off.

no avatar
voyager_rao

Post by voyager_rao » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:24 pm

Got my Ticwatch S last week. I'm from India, On the first day I hardly got 5 hours of battery life, been using it for a week now and on average am getting about 15 hours, with always on display off and only Bluetooth on.
:( Looks like of people are suffering from it, @mobvoi what do you intend to do to rectify this?

no avatar
ryoji

Post by ryoji » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:28 am

ryoji wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:17 pm
Battery problem solved. Especially, I do not do anything and seems to solve about a week's time. wifi is not on, but all other functions are on, it consumes 4-5% in one hour.
The next day I went back to 9% consumption per hour.
I can not understand.

no avatar
markrocha

Post by markrocha » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:54 am

Hi voyager_rao and ryoji,

Have y'all completed at least three complete charging cycles using only a stock watch face? Many users that have reported poor battery performance after completing the battery cycles. Also, please note that watch face apps such as Facer and Watchmaker can be heavy on system resources.

I hope this helps.

no avatar
sidney

Post by sidney » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:46 pm

So I received my Ticwatch S last Friday finally in Toronto, Canada by Canada Post.

Like many messed around with it significantly and like many probably maintained at 7 to 8hr charge - so loosing anywhere from 10%+ of battery per hour and more so with adding apps, and rebooting a number of times.

After looking at some other posts - I tried doing the charge cycles - draining to 5 to 10% and going back to 100%. I also tried charging over night as some users noticed a significant increase in battery life.

None of those really worked for me.

I finally tried changing the charging method. Originally I was just using a USB port that is attached to my Ikea lamp and doing the charge cycles and overnight charging.

I changed the charging to an AC adapter that I use with my Ipad that has a USB port - and now I'm noticing a significant increase on battery life.

So far I've been using the watch for about 3hrs and also still at 90% charge. I have bluetooth on, wifi off and locations off. Step counter on and using both Facer and Watchmaker with faces that have temperature battery etc. I have Flick to Turn on ON and Always On OFF.

Also I did an upgrade today as well to Android 2.7.0.178645119. Using Android OS 7.1.1 - on a Samsung S6.

Using as needed with notifications but haven't done a major exercise test today.

I noticed in reading up on how to increase battery life on Android Wear watches that not all charging types are the same so maybe you need a direct connection to a wall outlet to get a better charge.

It may be anecdotal at best - but I'll keep charging through a wall charge instead and if battery life increases in the next few days I'll update my post again.

Give it a try and would like to hear other people's outcomes.

no avatar
ryoji

Post by ryoji » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:26 am

markrocha wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:54 am
Hi voyager_rao and ryoji,

Have y'all completed at least three complete charging cycles using only a stock watch face? Many users that have reported poor battery performance after completing the battery cycles. Also, please note that watch face apps such as Facer and Watchmaker can be heavy on system resources.

I hope this helps.
I am using Harmony on stock watch face. I do not use Facer or Watchmaker. Do you have any advice?

no avatar
ShadownetCorp

Post by ShadownetCorp » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:37 am

Hi, i have the same issue with my battery life, Only work for 8hours, no ok google, no wifi, no fancy face, no gps ... please help up !